Andrew McCutchen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Andrew McCutchen

Post by IABucFan »

153835242332256566570 wrote: If McCutchen decides to retire next year, I hope he signs a one-day deal with the Pirates so he can retire as a Pirate. But, I doubt he retires. Like I said...I've got to believe he can still at least be the right handed half of a platoon.
In 2016 when Cutch first began to fade, his BA s LHP was just .229. In 2017, he hit .336 vs LHP. But this year, he's hitting just .229 vs LHP. I guess if he was the RH part of a platoon, it would be a crapshoot as to how well he would hit LHP.

SSS maybe? Maybe my judgment is clouded, but I just remember 2013-15 Cutch was pretty much a hall of famer against lefties. Lefties just plain couldn't get him out. I'm just thinking outside the box a bit. Frankly, independent of the fact that he is Andrew McCutchen and all that being Andrew McCutchen means to Pirates baseball, he's just the type of guy they might go after on a deadline deal, or a one-year flyer in the offseason. In other words, remove all of the "extras" around Cutch and what he meant/means for the Pirates, and, yes or no, is he a typical NH style trade target/FA signing? I think he is. Burnett, Liriano, Byrd, Morneau, Volquez, Martin...these are guys NH likes to acquire. Guys whose star once shone brightly but have hit a rough patch in their career.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Do you think he would sign in Pittsburgh to sit the bench? Or are you saying he should start over Marte, Dickerson or Meadows next year?

I can see the Giants trading him at the deadline. So, he might get another shot at the post-season. He won't be a main piece, but a good back up for a stretch run. His name still carries some value.