I'd consider moving Corey Dickerson for a good SP

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

193F3E293F2F5C0 wrote: That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though.  That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective. 
Yes absolutely. What where they thinking? Even worst case scenario he is an .800 OPS hitter.

I agree, but it still hurts his value a little.  No other team offered anyone better?

Yeah, I don't know.  There just had to be a better deal than sending them guy we didn't want anyhow.  Heck straight waiver claim would have been better.

The Pirates did include a prospect,Tristan Gray, time will tell if he is a real prospect or just a lottery ticket for the Rays.

True, I did forget about that. Thank you.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Gray was expendable to the Bucs. At best he was their 4th best 2B. Saw him some last year at Morgantown and he could swing the bat and field the position nicely. Turned 22 recently jumped to A+ FSL this year. Having a nice season but I look at him as being blocked by guys in the Bucs system. He could turn out well for Tampa be a MLB player someday. But I prefer Dickerson's ready now and promising future to a wait and see guy.