7/23 in Cleveland. J-Hay returns.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

And the team leader in doubles is......drum roll......Jordy Mercer!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This was the lineup on 7/5/04 for the 10th win the last time the Pirates won 10 straight:

Jason Kendall C

Jack Wilson SS

Rob Mackowiak LF

Craig Wilson RF

Bobby Hill 3B

Randall Simon 1B

Tike Redman CF

Jose Castillo 2B

Kip Wells RHP

How in the world did that team ever win 10 straight? They finished 72-89. The previous time they had finished at 72-89 in 2002 was cause for a champagne party thrown by Lloyd McClendon to celebrate not losing 90 games. Lloyd set the bar pretty low. Luckily (for the store where Lloyd bought the champagne) they did not make up a rainout and only played 161.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I like the Pirates chances of winning 2 of 3 with both Musgrove and Taillon pitching the next two games. The crowds for the Mets series will be very interesting to see if this streak continues. You would like to think they would pick up and be pretty good.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Yesterday I suggested trading J-Hay to move salary and help add more talent. What does he do --- Pop a 3 run home run.

I previously have suggested trading Dickerson, who is now on fire and who is flashing power that he didn't show earlier this year. Marte (but only for a good return), who is playing like one of the best outfielders in the NL.

Keeping with my ability to call a player out and to have him perform great feats, I now suggest that the Bucs deal Musgrove. And, they should deal him for a minimal return because he is not worth much. Really don't even know how he holds onto a roster spot.

With respect to last night's game and this unbelievable run, I quote Samuel Gompers --- What do you want? More. Winning is great and dominating teams is even more enjoyable.

Williams did extraordinarily well to pitch 6 shutout innings through the raindrops.

The line-up had many very timely hits.

And on defense, everyone did what they should have done (tough play for Williams on the slow roller).

Glad to see that they called the game after 6. Bullpen gets a day off, with the exception of Rodriguez being up in the pen.

I was very down on this team after the two blow-outs in LA. While I am not quite ready to trade Keller, Meadows, and Hayes for DeGrom, I love the passion and excitement that this team has now generated.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

While you're at it Mainebucs, is it fair to say that Bell will not hit any more HRs this year? ;)