Pirates@Indians 7/24 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If Pirates can hang on ... it'll be their longest winning streak in 22 years. They had 11-game streaks in 1992 and 1996.

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Am I allowed to say something negative? Boy Mercer looks rough out there in the field. 2 outs left on the field by him today, cost no runs luckily.

If Newman is a great defender, as has been raved about, im more than ready to see him until a more permanent solution presents itself.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Nice play freeser. Guy can still field the corner. Wish he could hit a little better.
PMike

Post by PMike »

79585079525A3D0 wrote: Oliver Perez! For a guy who's had sporadic success at best, he's sure been around a long time.

Ollie has a special place in my wife's heart.  She has an autographed Perez jersey #59 for 2006 that she won with a special number in her program book as we entered the gate by the Stargell statue.  It's large for her and way, way too small for me.

Love it.  He has a special place in my heart too.  After his amazing 2006 season, I went out and for the first and only time, bought his (#48) authentic player jersey.  I figured he was young and would be with the Pirates for quite a few years moving forward.  Whoops.

Second Perez anecdote, they were talking on the radio side tonight about Perez being the last Pirates starter that produced a big walk up ticket sale on nights he started.  That is true for our family.  We definitely went just to see him pitch (before the laundry cart incident).
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Raise It.

This just defies all logic. Is the world spinning in the opposite direction?

The Pirates have trailed in TWO INNINGS in the last TWO WEEKS.

How is that even possible?

They've led (80) or been tied (15) after 95 of the 97 innings.

TOTAL DOMINATION.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

28212938364C0 wrote: Am I allowed to say something negative?   Boy Mercer looks rough out there in the field.  2 outs left on the field by him today, cost no runs luckily.

If Newman is a great defender, as has been raved about, im more than ready to see him until a more permanent solution presents itself.   

Not allowed to break the JuJu with negativity. :)
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs win again so make it 11 in a row now. They have now outscored their opponents 73-24 during this 11 game winning streak. Their run differential has gone from -40 before this streak started to +9 now currently. The Pirates are now 3 games back of the wildcard and the Cubs are about to lose to Arizona and the Bucs can cut that lead to 6 games now in the division. This is simply remarkable what is going on here.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: This OF is the best in baseball.   Find me one better.

Half this board wanted this OF traded last week.  Pretty telling

Looks like we just needed to stop rotating them like chickens, right?  I'm confused how the 3 of them can be hitting like this on such little rest
I know, right? It's almost as if more consistent playing time yields better results. Who knew?

It's like when half the board was cursing Vazquez for 3 bad innings ? How many wanted Glasnow or Crick to close ?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

494E5F4C5F0E033A0 wrote: This OF is the best in baseball.   Find me one better.

Half this board wanted this OF traded last week.  Pretty telling

Looks like we just needed to stop rotating them like chickens, right?  I'm confused how the 3 of them can be hitting like this on such little rest
I know, right? It's almost as if more consistent playing time yields better results. Who knew?

It's like when half the board was cursing Vazquez for 3 bad innings ? How many wanted Glasnow or Crick to close ?

I don't recall anyone being desperate enough to suggest Glasnow closing.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Seems to me that Dickerson, Marte and Polanco kicked into high gear shortly after Meadows came up and did very well. I think that it got them focused, and they stepped up after the challenge..now playing like we hoped they would...finally! One concern with Cervelli out is that Diaz could use one or two days a week off and Hurdle is reluctant to use Stallings very often. Stallings looks fine to me as a backup, but if Hurdle won't use him,perhaps we could add one. Also, if this team is for real, add a real good starting pitcher, even make a pitch for deGroom.