In honor of our new #24...24 thoughts

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

113038113A32550 wrote: Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon.  (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4.  Moroff turned 25 in May.

these guys should be ready next year.
I would like to see Moroff. He has shown he has pretty decent pop.

In the field Moroff reminds me of an old, old, Pirate they called Dr. Strangeglove!  That would be Big Stu, Pirate 1B or the early to mid 60's.  He was guy on deck when Maz hit his homer and led the Bucs in HR several years.  Too bad he had hands of stone when he put is glove on.

I thought Moroff is a pretty capable fielder. Unlike Big Stu.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

476A67767160773734050 wrote: Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon.  (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4.  Moroff turned 25 in May.

In the field Moroff reminds me of an old, old, Pirate they called Dr. Strangeglove!  That would be Big Stu, Pirate 1B or the early to mid 60's.  He was guy on deck when Maz hit his homer and led the Bucs in HR several years.  Too bad he had hands of stone when he put is glove on.

Well he is closer to being Big Stu than he is Maz or Groat or Ducky! ;D Although he seems to be a better hitter than Ducky not that it will take much for that!
Quail

Post by Quail »

42636B426961060 wrote: Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon.  (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4.  Moroff turned 25 in May.

Well he is closer to being Big Stu than he is Maz or Groat or Ducky! ;D  Although he seems to be a better hitter than Ducky not that it will take much for that! 

Now, now Possum them's fightin' words :D

Ducky hit when it mattered most. On September 6, 1960 Dick Groat broke his wrist. Ducky Schofield took over as the Pirates' shortstop and batted .403 through the end of the season. Maybe the Pirates dont' win the pennant if Ducky doesn't do his Ted Williams impersonation. He also hit .333 in the World Series (1 hit in 3 at-bats). Ducky was Mr Clutch. Yessiree Bob!!
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

Attaboy Neal. What's not to like about this trade. He traded 2 LMG's for a major league ballplayer.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

694D595154380 wrote: Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon.  (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4.  Moroff turned 25 in May.

Well he is closer to being Big Stu than he is Maz or Groat or Ducky! ;D  Although he seems to be a better hitter than Ducky not that it will take much for that! 

Now, now Possum them's fightin' words  :D

Ducky hit when it mattered most. On September 6, 1960 Dick Groat broke his wrist. Ducky Schofield took over as the Pirates' shortstop and batted .403 through the end of the season. Maybe the Pirates dont' win the pennant if Ducky doesn't do his Ted Williams impersonation. He also hit .333 in the World Series (1 hit in 3 at-bats). Ducky was Mr Clutch. Yessiree Bob!!

Hey, even SRod had a great season in 2016 but sucked the rest of his career. Yes, Ducky did come in a picked up the Bucs in Sept of 60. But for the most part he was not much of a hitter. :D :D