Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What does he get paid?

His salary in '17 was supposed to be $2.75 million. His salary in '18 is $3 million.
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

616A626E6B6A713432457C646D6A6A2B666A050 wrote: What does he get paid?

His salary in '17 was supposed to be $2.75 million. His salary in '18 is $3 million.

I would think it would be a pro-rated amount of the $3 million 2018 contract. Plus at least $250,000 to buy out his 2019 option.
SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I agree, but if things work out well I could see a re-negotiating restructured contract
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

50626E6E7A486B626F6A6562030 wrote: I agree, but if things work out well I could see a re-negotiating restructured contract

Why would Kang restructure his contract other than to get more money or extend it for more guaranteed money.
SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

64454D644F47200 wrote: I agree, but if things work out well I could see a re-negotiating restructured contract

Why would Kang restructure his contract other than to get more money or extend it for more guaranteed money. 

To get last years money back
Quail

Kang back?

Post by Quail »

0A21203D263E270B3C2A2A26490 wrote: Let him do what he has to do per MLB. Allow him some time to get into playing shape. I have some serious doubts that he'll be the impact player he was before. Really nothing to lose to let the process play out.

well the money owed him on the contract is there to lose.

Bob Nutting can afford it. He knew the job was dangerous when he took it. ;D
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather Bob have an extra 3 million in his bank account than it be paid to a 130+w/RC hitter in 2016 in the hope that he can produce even 75% of that.

I know this sounds crazy, but I would restructure him soon before he regains his mojo.   Get him for 2020 and 2021 now, while he's humble and trying to re-establish himself.     it won't be long.  It's going to cost more to do if you wait until the end of this year when he's rolling. shouldn't cost much at all right now. Peanuts.
notes34

Kang back?

Post by notes34 »

4C454D5C52280 wrote: I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather Bob have an extra 3 million in his bank account than it be paid to a 130+w/RC hitter in 2016 in the hope that he can produce even 75% of that.

I know this sounds crazy, but I would restructure him soon before he regains his mojo.   Get him for 2020 and 2021 now, while he's humble and trying to re-establish himself.     it won't be long.  It's going to cost more to do if you wait until the end of this year when he's rolling.   shouldn't cost much at all right now.  Peanuts. 
I'm with you. The reward could/should outweigh the risk. It shouldn't cost much. Even if he isn't the same player offensively, he should be a plus defender.
IABucFan

Kang back?

Post by IABucFan »

IDK...I just see too many players hit a steep decline post-30, and that's for guys that have been playing, staying in game shape, and facing live pitching...none of which JHK has done over the last 18 months.

In my mind, Kang is little more than a guy like Brandon Wood a few years ago. Former top prospect, lost a lot of value, trying to regain form, signed to a MiLB deal. Brandon Wood didn't exactly work out for them. I'm not holding my breath for Kang to either. I would love to be proven wrong, and will gladly eat a plate full of crow if I am.
SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1D1516213712353A540 wrote: IDK...I just see too many players hit a steep decline post-30, and that's for guys that have been playing, staying in game shape, and facing live pitching...none of which JHK has done over the last 18 months.

In my mind, Kang is little more than a guy like Brandon Wood a few years ago. Former top prospect, lost a lot of value, trying to regain form, signed to a MiLB deal. Brandon Wood didn't exactly work out for them. I'm not holding my breath for Kang to either. I would love to be proven wrong, and will gladly eat a plate full of crow if I am.

I agree. I wasn't counting on him at the beginning of the year, and I'm going to start now. Of course it'll be interesting to watch his training and such, for curiosity's sake if nothing else. I don't know what to think of him as a person for many reasons, but this is besides all of that.