Pirates vs Reds (who knew?), 4/4

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4D606D7C7B6A7D3D3E0F0 wrote: Cabrera gets a 1 out single in the 6th (his 3rd hit), Reyes pinch runs and Hurdle puts on the hit & run. Shuck singles to moves Reyes to 3B. Good for Hurdle!

Yep! That hit and run was huge. Clint nailed that one. And really good job by Shuck!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Lot's of positives from last night:

Lyles

The combined effort of the Pen

Marte 2 hits

Bell 2 hits and a big RBI

Bell made some nice plays at 1st

The Pirates were oh so close to losing another late game as the 9th bacame a total train wreck, well almost: the did its part and shut down the threat.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Interesting first week of the season.

There was a consensus building that the offense was going to be better than we expected, and the rotation worse. I think the offense has been as expected, and the pitching better. The bullpen handed the cardinals a sweep, and they are the only part of the team that has disappointed.

I think Taillon and Williams are very good. Archer is going to be consistent and Lyles a wildcard. I'm hoping that Musgrove pitches well tonight, he's a guy that gets through innings, but he gives up runs, so the offense will have to score some when he's on the mound.

Rich Rodriguez gave up only 19 runs all of last year, he's already given up 4 in three appearance, he pitched in 63 games last year. One inning can swing a game when you are playing in low scoring games, I find it hard to fault them for using rodriguez in leverage situations after last year and his strong ST.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

162B3538373D36143C2B3A3C3D590 wrote: Interesting first week of the season.

There was a consensus building that the offense was going to be better than we expected, and the rotation worse. I think the offense has been as expected, and the pitching better. The bullpen handed the cardinals a sweep, and they are the only part of the team that has disappointed.

I think Taillon and Williams are very good. Archer is going to be consistent and Lyles a wildcard. I'm hoping that Musgrove pitches well tonight, he's a guy that gets through innings, but he gives up runs, so the offense will have to score some when he's on the mound.

Rich Rodriguez gave up only 19 runs all of last year, he's already given up 4 in three appearance, he pitched in 63 games last year. One inning can swing a game when you are playing in low scoring games, I find it hard to fault them for using rodriguez in leverage situations after last year and his strong ST.

yes, Rodriguez has to be given a chance.  If he fails there is a gap in the bullpen (even if Burdi fills his spot or Santana's spot).

Liriano in the pen is a big question mark to me.