Pirated vs Cubbies - 7/3 - Gagme Thread Again

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

767A7B2029202825223D27100 wrote: 3 games out of first!

Perhaps the best hitting team since the 70’s Lumber Company.

Get this team a legit starting pitcher!
If they make a trade don’t upset the chemistry of this team. Don’t move guys like Dickerson or Cabrera. This team is doing very well.

I would love to see the FO extend both Dickerson and Cabrera.

They should do it during the season not wait when other teams will outbid them. Unfortunately I doubt they will pony up the money
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yep the front office will talk a good game as usual but when push comes to shove all 3 stooges Neal, Frank and especially Bob will do absolutely nothing to improve this team and increase the payroll. All they do is lie and there is no reason to believe anything that comes out of their mouths.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

4B6E6D6D78536E666473010 wrote: 3 games out of first!

If they make a trade don’t upset the chemistry of this team. Don’t move guys like Dickerson or Cabrera. This team is doing very well.

They should do it during the season not wait when other teams will outbid them. Unfortunately I doubt they will pony up the money
I just hate the idea of Dickerson leaving. He is the kind of player you need to keep.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3B3A2130266661550 wrote: 3 games out of first!

I just hate the idea of Dickerson leaving. He is the kind of player you need to keep.
I think a legitimate baseball operation would make a real effort to keep Dickerson. But I think that maintaining a very low payroll is more exciting to Nutting than winning a WS would be.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Man it would be huge if the Pirates could nail down this sweep today and get back to .500 at 43-43 and pick up 4 full games on the Cubs instead of just 2 and pull within 1 game of the Cubs in the standings. Combine that with maybe the Reds beating the Brewers today as well and the Pirates would go into this series with the Brewers this weekend just 2 full games behind the Brewers for 1st place. The pitching matchups this weekend against the Brewers look very favorable for the Pirates so let’s hope they find a way to get this sweep today with Lyles on the mound. This is another one of those important games today I think that could really continue to keep things going for the Pirates in the right direction if they are able to find a way to win.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I actually agree. This is an important game. Every game is important, but the ones with teams you’re chasing are doubly important, obviously. So far, we’ve picked up three games on the. Cubs this series. But today will determine if it’s a two or four game swing. There’s a big difference between gaining two games and gaining four. (That’s my daily Yogi Beraism...as in, stating the obvious.)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

definitely a big game. Could keep the Cubs reeling into the all star break.

Going into the All Star break with better than 500 record would be an accomplishment.