Pirates vs Cardinals 7/17

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Archer did it again today after the game saying “he had everything working for him and it was one of his better games of the year. I wouldn’t call giving up 3 runs on 6 hits in 6 innings one of your best starts of the year. It’s just sickening how mediocrity by the players on this team especially Archer is acceptable in his eyes.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I don't like that he seems satisfied with his performance, but he is not as much of a problem at this point as Williams, Lyles, and Liriano. All the have been terrible recently.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7E7B7C7A7278617C7566606D140 wrote: I don't like that he seems satisfied with his performance, but he is not as much of a problem at this point as Williams, Lyles, and Liriano.   All the have been terrible recently.
Yes, sadly, the fact that Archer tends to range from average to a little below, makes him one of the top 3 or 4 pitchers on the staff. :'(
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Maybe all the pitchers just stink now ? I see batters flipping their bats and admiring fly balls to the opposite field. Are they really that strong or did a "new launch angle" change the game. I'm going with the juiced ball theory with a little of the aforementioned . In any event , I'm getting tired seeing pitches at the knees on the outside corner flying well over the fences .