Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Spring Training Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

I attended the VIP dinner. If Nutting had anything to do with planning the menu, I imagine it was Hot Dogs,Tacos and Pizza.
DemDog

Spring Training Thread

Post by DemDog »

112F2A223129292202273023460 wrote: I attended the VIP dinner. If Nutting had anything to do with planning the menu, I imagine it was Hot Dogs,Tacos and Pizza.

And you had pay for each condiment on your hot dog and tacos as well as toppings for the pizza including the sauce!
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

350B0E06150D0D0626031407620 wrote: I attended the VIP dinner. If Nutting had anything to do with planning the menu, I imagine it was Hot Dogs,Tacos and Pizza.

About right although they did have some chicken. I preferred the sausage dog. Years ago they had a big sit down dinner at the convention center. It must have cost too much because they stopped that. Now they have limited sitting and you have to eat at a standup table. My dad would say it is better than a sharp stick in the eye!
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

715058715A52350 wrote: I attended the VIP dinner. If Nutting had anything to do with planning the menu, I imagine it was Hot Dogs,Tacos and Pizza.

And you had pay for each condiment on your hot dog and tacos as well as toppings for the pizza including the sauce!

:0))))
DemDog

Spring Training Thread

Post by DemDog »

Two things out of Bradenton in this morning Trib.

Williams Working on Building Strong Foundation and Adding a New Pitch

BC Says Money to Build Winner Will Be There

How nice it would be for Williams to get his crap together after his horrendous 2019.  If there is any hope of the Bucs losing less than 100 games they need Trevor to get back to pitching like it was 2018.

As for BC's comments I am not holding my breath that Nickles will come through on his assurance about payroll to BC. 
2drfischer@gmail.c

Spring Training Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4D6C644D666E090 wrote: Two things out of Bradenton in this morning Trib.

How nice it would be for Williams to get his crap together after his horrendous 2019.  If there is any hope of the Bucs losing less than 100 games they need Trevor to get back to pitching like it was 2018.

As for BC's comments I am not holding my breath that Nickles will come through on his assurance about payroll to BC. 

Poor Ben.  Should we tell him now that, just like there's no Santa Claus, there's no money that'll be available later on?
BenM

Spring Training Thread

Post by BenM »

14353D143F37500 wrote: Two things out of Bradenton in this morning Trib.

I hope he appreciates the fact that no fan who follows that kind of stuff believes him. Because nobody believes Nutting.

Dramatically lower payroll, new TV contract, the MLBAM windfall. . . I wonder how much money Nutting has pocketed over the last couple of years.

I'm sure he's saving it all for when the time is right.
Ecbucs

Spring Training Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

0C5A4C58574D5D565B4C7E59535F5752105D3E0 wrote: Two things out of Bradenton in this morning Trib.

Poor Ben.  Should we tell him now that, just like there's no Santa Claus, there's no money that'll be available later on?

yeah, He might have to watch the Marx Brothers to know there is no such thing as a Sanity Claus.
BenM

Spring Training Thread

Post by BenM »

Kraig Riley of the FAN gave his first report from spring training today. Lots of good stuff. The most interesting part was when he talked about how the coaches are working with the pitchers. It sounds like Searage was really behind on modern techniques. He also likes Bell's new throwing angle.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Derek Shelton needs to lose the beard, man