Possible start to season in May-

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

JMTC, but I think this idea is absurd. I think I’d rather they cancel the season than go down this road. Of course, I’m still up in arms about the three batter minimum. But whatevs...regardless, I don’t like this idea a bit. I think it’s wrought with problems.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I don’t like the idea of 7 inning DH or placing a runner on second base in extra innings. It has never been suggested, but I could live with a 10 run rule after 7 innings. That would probably eliminate position players from having to pitch in blowout games.
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

191112253316313E500 wrote: JMTC, but I think this idea is absurd. I think I’d rather they cancel the season than go down this road. Of course, I’m still up in arms about the three batter minimum. But whatevs...regardless, I don’t like this idea a bit. I think it’s wrought with problems.
Got a better idea, that is besides no baseball?
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

It looks like the biggest stumbling block would be not seeing families for multiple months. If they work out ways to have families with players I'd say it will fly.

It's somewhat more risk but it could be handled.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

755E4C765E43525854775459543B0 wrote: It looks like the biggest stumbling block would be not seeing families for multiple months. If they work out ways to have families with players I'd say it will fly.

And the families of everyone else associated with the teams and the broadcasts: coaches, all necessary front office personnel, scouting of upcoming opponents, locker room personnel, trainers, team physicians, broadcasters, producers, technicians and anyone else required for a team to perform and to have the games broadcast on TV and radio. With every team playing in AZ, they won't be able to just tap available local resources.
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

614C41505746511112230 wrote: It looks like the biggest stumbling block would be not seeing families for multiple months. If they work out ways to have families with players I'd say it will fly.

And the families of everyone else associated with the teams and the broadcasts: coaches, all necessary front office personnel, scouting of upcoming opponents, locker room personnel, trainers, team physicians, broadcasters, producers, technicians and anyone else required for a team to perform and to have the games broadcast on TV and radio. With every team playing in AZ, they won't be able to just tap available local resources. 
A line has to be drawn somewhere. With player support it flies. Families of players being able to be there makes that happen.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Check this out Pirate Fans. You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

MLB Considers Radical Move for 2020 Season

Holy Shit! :o :o :o :o :o
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

08292108232B4C0 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Holy Shit!   :o :o :o :o :o

ugh, no no no.  Not because of competition this season, but because this is the gateway to the permanent radical realignment and getting rid of the American and National Leagues that they've been talking about.
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

ugh, no no no.  Not because of competition this season, but because this is the gateway to the permanent radical realignment and getting rid of the American and National Leagues that they've been talking about.
Temporary!
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

604149604B43240 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Looks like this is to help mitigate risk. I think they should also use it to try to get player families to those locations. Helps with the additional risk involved with that.