Josh Bell to Nats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by Surgnbuck »

Great trade. Yean was talked abput the year he was signed this is a huge pick up.

Going to miss Josh. My son needs another new favorite. I told him he will get used to it.
GreenWeenie

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by GreenWeenie »

May i suggest- Jim Plake?

Mr. Man will never go wrong if he chooses Plake.
DemDog

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by DemDog »

1A3C3B2E272B3C2A22490 wrote: Great trade. Yean was talked about the year he was signed this is a huge pick-up.

Going to miss Josh. My son needs another new favorite. I told him he will get used to it.

May I suggest Mr. KeBryan Hayes.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

554E43424B4748260 wrote: Will they be pitching for the Pirates in 2021?  I'll ignore the personal attack.  I don't recall doing that. Doesn't help to make a point.

_______

The can kickers are out ion full force tonight.  Many have already punted away 2021, and one guy on here has punted away 2022 and is pointing to 2023.  I wonder if we could get someone to punt away 2023 and 2024 and point to 2025 as our year.  The can has been kicked down the road to a dirt path, then it is being kicked down the dirt path  and we will need a machete to kick it any further.

I want the Pirates to win as badly as you do, as early as next year. This current roster can't. It's made-up of guys who won only one game out of three last year. Few of those players will get much better, and there's no one to trade to improve that roster for 2021, as we just witnessed yesterday. The owner will not allow for the acquisition of the type of free agent who can make the difference needed to win next year.

I don't like it any more than you do but it's going to take a minimum of two years for the Pirates to show signs of being competitive again, and that's if BC does miraculous work. Sadly, that's the reality.

There are no shortcuts. I said months ago that if BC hasn't made legitimate progress by the 2021 trade deadline that I'd agree that kicking the can is his objective and I'll join you in your criticism. Every GM deserves at least that amount of time to restructure his organization, especially one who works for an owner like Nutting.
GreenWeenie

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by GreenWeenie »

25040C250E06610 wrote: Great trade. Yean was talked about the year he was signed this is a huge pick-up.

Mr. Man will see him leave soon enough, too. Enjoy him while he's here.

He should've picked Polanco. ;)
WildwoodDave2

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2D7B6D79766C7C777A6D5F78727E7673317C1F0 wrote: Will they be pitching for the Pirates in 2021?  I'll ignore the personal attack.  I don't recall doing that. Doesn't help to make a point.

_______

The can kickers are out ion full force tonight.  Many have already punted away 2021, and one guy on here has punted away 2022 and is pointing to 2023.  I wonder if we could get someone to punt away 2023 and 2024 and point to 2025 as our year.  The can has been kicked down the road to a dirt path, then it is being kicked down the dirt path  and we will need a machete to kick it any further.

I want the Pirates to win as badly as you do, as early as next year.  This current roster can't.  It's made-up of guys who won only one game out of three last year.  Few of those players will get much better, and there's no one to trade to improve that roster for 2021, as we just witnessed yesterday.  The owner will not allow for the acquisition of the type of free agent who can make the difference needed to win next year.

I don't like it any more than you do but it's going to take a minimum of two years for the Pirates to show signs of being competitive again, and that's if BC does miraculous work.  Sadly, that's the reality. 

There are no shortcuts.  I said months ago that if BC hasn't made legitimate progress by the 2021 trade deadline that I'd agree that kicking the can is his objective and I'll join you in your criticism.  Every GM deserves at least that amount of time to restructure his organization, especially one who works for an owner like Nutting.

I would say that Josh Bell received a nice Christmas Present this year
Surgnbuck

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by Surgnbuck »

1D283F3F340D3F3F34333F5A0 wrote: This team's not re-building.  Face it.  They don't have a budget to build a grass hut.

If they can't afford Josh Bell, they can't afford anyone.

You tell me how on earth the Pirates will assemble a team capable of winning the  World Series when they can't even win the NL Central division.

We just saw how much good signing Bell to an extension did.  We gave a bat away for nothing, and it's not like we had a fearsome lineup to begin with.

I don't care about Bell, directly.  I care about winning.  You don't win with moves like this. 

This is no re-build.  Call it what it is.  Been five (now, six) years since the last one & done.  It's no re-build.  Who wants to re-build a .317 team?  It's a pure salary dump.

The kind of guys the Pirates keep?  Polanco.

NFWWL.

Not only are you all over the board with your hypocrisy in this post, it's like watching a dog chase it's tail.
Surgnbuck

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by Surgnbuck »

5F7E765F747C1B0 wrote: Great trade. Yean was talked about the year he was signed this is a huge pick-up.

I have a feeling that's where he goes. He's lost Cutch and now Bell, I've lost J Hay and Archer.

In the end, I told him, "you cheer for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back"
GreenWeenie

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by GreenWeenie »

765057424B4750464E250 wrote: This team's not re-building.  Face it.  They don't have a budget to build a grass hut.

If they can't afford Josh Bell, they can't afford anyone.

You tell me how on earth the Pirates will assemble a team capable of winning the  World Series when they can't even win the NL Central division.

We just saw how much good signing Bell to an extension did.  We gave a bat away for nothing, and it's not like we had a fearsome lineup to begin with.

I don't care about Bell, directly.  I care about winning.  You don't win with moves like this. 

This is no re-build.  Call it what it is.  Been five (now, six) years since the last one & done.  It's no re-build.  Who wants to re-build a .317 team?  It's a pure salary dump.

The kind of guys the Pirates keep?  Polanco.

NFWWL.

Not only are you all over the board with your hypocrisy in this post, it's like watching a dog chase it's tail.

Care to translate?

A clear salary dump regardless of how it's spun.

Do you think this move improves the team on 2021?  I don't, and if we disagree, we disagree.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Josh Bell to Nats

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

66585D55465E5E557550475403310 wrote: Will they be pitching for the Pirates in 2021?  I'll ignore the personal attack.  I don't recall doing that. Doesn't help to make a point.

_______

I want the Pirates to win as badly as you do, as early as next year.  This current roster can't.  It's made-up of guys who won only one game out of three last year.  Few of those players will get much better, and there's no one to trade to improve that roster for 2021, as we just witnessed yesterday.  The owner will not allow for the acquisition of the type of free agent who can make the difference needed to win next year.

I don't like it any more than you do but it's going to take a minimum of two years for the Pirates to show signs of being competitive again, and that's if BC does miraculous work.  Sadly, that's the reality. 

There are no shortcuts.  I said months ago that if BC hasn't made legitimate progress by the 2021 trade deadline that I'd agree that kicking the can is his objective and I'll join you in your criticism.  Every GM deserves at least that amount of time to restructure his organization, especially one who works for an owner like Nutting.

I would say that Josh Bell received a nice Christmas Present this year

You're right. After the initial emotional uncertainty that must come with being traded, he's going to realize he's joining a much better club and an organization that's been run much better than the Pirates.