Oneil Cruz involved in accident in the DR

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

In his Sunday interview, Cherington came out pretty strongly in support of Cruz.

“This is a young man with a really bright future who was involved in a bad accident,” Cherington said on his weekly radio show on 93.7 The Fan. “I want to emphasize that word: accident. There is not a single piece of evidence that we’ve seen that this is anything but an accident. Everything we’ve learned, including from Oneil and his family is consistent with that. Grieving needs to happen, certainly for the families of the victims, but also for Oneil. We will support him. It’s just a really hard and tragic situation.”

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Well, he did have impact, if you believe the stories written about him.
BenM

Post by BenM »

5A6F7878734A78787374781D0 wrote: Well, he did have impact, if you believe the stories written about him.

Is that supposed to be a joke?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I will leave that to the reader to determine for themselves.
BenM

Post by BenM »

1025323239003232393E32570 wrote: I will leave that to the reader to determine for themselves.

OK, since you won't clarify, I would say that it reads like a joke. And I think it is in incredibly bad taste for an incident where three people were killed and another's dream of being a major league player may be over.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's also in increadibly questionable taste, in my opinion to even say this event's sentence anywhere near Roberto Clemente's in any way, shape, or form, so we're even as far as I'm concerned. There's absolutely no comparison whatsoever, either to the incidents....or, to the effect on the Pittsburgh Pirates, Major League Baseball, or society as a whole.

That was ridiculous.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Okay guys lets cut the potshots at each other and even any humor in our comments. Let's just wait and see what the investigation of the incident turns up. Thanks for your understanding of my comment here.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

08292108232B4C0 wrote: Jung Ho Kang the second.   :'( :'( :'( :'(
My thoughts exactly
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

27060E270C04630 wrote: Okay guys lets cut the potshots at each other and even any humor in our comments.  Let's just wait and see what the investigation of the incident turns up.  Thanks for your understanding of my comment here.

I saw no personal shot.  I saw someone who clearly and politely defended his opinion.

One died....died...an international hero while trying to assist those in need of help after an earthquake.  Hecwas a fairly good MLB player who made the HOF for good reason.

The other is very much alive.....and, may be able to return to the field of play one day.

We have no idea whether that will be PennyPINCHER Field or not.  For now, he isn't even a Pirate.

But, yes, the Pirates are snakebit.  But, so are teams like the Marlins and Cardinals. 

It's unfortunate, but possibly recoverable from.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

has Cruz been cleared of any wrongdoing?

I'm seeing that he is playing winter ball in the DR with Polanco right now