Official Game Thread - 4/15 - Bucs vs Padres 12:35 start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

735E53424554430300310 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.
Evans is on the bench today and he's been their best hitter.
Keller done for the day- 31/3 83 pitches 7 runs 9 hits- definitely goat material
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2F343938313D325C0 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.
Surg will soon be leaving the building
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates had their chance to get back in the game and Shelton blew that by leaving Keller in to bat with one out and the bases loaded in the 2nd when he had Phillip Evans on the bench.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It was so worth it to keep Keller in the game so that he could continue his horrid "pitching" and get removed less than 2 innings later anyway. At least he gained valuable experience striking out with the bases loaded and 1 out, down by 5. Can we get John Russell back so that he can do absolutely nothing every game instead of the incredibly idiotic things Shelton routinely does? :(
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Possum is leaving the building. I have some serious crochet to work on this afternoon. Something very nice for Mrs. Possum's 73rd birthday next month.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2D363B3A333F305E0 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.

with bases loaded I think you should use your best hitter on the bench. No use of saving him for later as this is the chance to get back into the game and you may not get another one.

As someone else posted, what is the most Keller can give on the mound, 1 more inning (which it turns out he couldn't do).

I had high hopes that Keller was going to put everything together this season. I still have some hope for him but he is starting to look like a failed starter.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: It was so worth it to keep Keller in the game so that he could continue his horrid "pitching" and get removed less than 2 innings later anyway. At least he gained valuable experience striking out with the bases loaded and 1 out, down by 5. Can we get John Russell back so that he can do absolutely nothing every game instead of the incredibly idiotic things Shelton routinely does?   :(
Just shaking my head. You are 100% correct. That situation would have been tailor made for Todd Frazier. Of course we have to activate him first :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

053B3E36253D3D361633243760520 wrote: It was so worth it to keep Keller in the game so that he could continue his horrid "pitching" and get removed less than 2 innings later anyway. At least he gained valuable experience striking out with the bases loaded and 1 out, down by 5. Can we get John Russell back so that he can do absolutely nothing every game instead of the incredibly idiotic things Shelton routinely does?   :(
Just shaking my head. You are 100% correct. That situation would have been tailor made for Todd Frazier. Of course we have to activate him first :D
Evans is on the bench today. I'd have had him bat for Keller.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Striking out swinging while ducking out of the way. So Piratey
shedman

Post by shedman »

567071667060130 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.

with bases loaded I think you should use your best hitter on the bench.  No use of saving him for later as this is the chance to get back into the game and you may not get another one.

As someone else posted, what is the most Keller can give on the mound, 1 more inning (which it turns out he couldn't do).

I had high hopes that Keller was going to put everything together this season.  I still have some hope for him but he is starting to look like a failed starter.

_______

If Shelton had pinch hit Evans in thee 2nd inning and Evans made an out, Fans would be screaming for Shelton's head for using Evans so early.