Official Game Thread - 6/8 - Bucs vs Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: Hayes is unreal!
I guess his HR wasn't real after all. He's picking up the ways of the Pirates.
By the end of the season, they'll have an entire catalog of follies. The two balls not caught at the pitchers mound. Craig. Now Hayes. 

What amazes me is the attention to detail that someone actually kept an eye on him as he rounded the bases.

What happened?  Did Hayes fail to touch one of the bases as he ran them?

He missed 1B. :(

How is that possible?  He's a finely tuned athlete who's in control of his body's movements.  He's not a butterfly.

He was hustling for extra bases at that point before realizing the ball struck the foul pole. But he should have realized it and gone back when he saw it was a HR.

How is it possible for a player to miss a base? They're not postage stamped-sized, and THEY'RE STATIONARY!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0D26313E470 wrote: The Pirates have "AHN" printed on the backside of the mound. That must be to help people pronounce "downtown."  ;)

Nah, it's to help people remember to "All Hail Nutting"
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

53786F60190 wrote: The Pirates have "AHN" printed on the backside of the mound. That must be to help people pronounce "downtown."  ;)

Nah, it's to help people remember to "All Hail Nutting"

Good one, Javy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Greg Brown reminding us that Hayes is still a rookie. I guess they don't touch the bases in the minors, high school or little league.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Hayes is having a rough night on the base paths...now he has to remember to stop at some point sliding into a bag :o
2drfischer@gmail.c

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: Greg Brown reminding us that Hayes is still a rookie. I guess they don't touch the bases in the minors, high school or little league. 

There is no excuse, no apology, for missing a base.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Polanco is so good
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

they're all barreling up brubaker now
2drfischer@gmail.c

133532272E2235232B400 wrote: Polanco is so good

You're not expecting anything else from him than what he's produced so far this year, are you?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: Hayes is unreal!
I guess his HR wasn't real after all. He's picking up the ways of the Pirates.
By the end of the season, they'll have an entire catalog of follies. The two balls not caught at the pitchers mound. Craig. Now Hayes. 

What amazes me is the attention to detail that someone actually kept an eye on him as he rounded the bases.

What happened?  Did Hayes fail to touch one of the bases as he ran them?

He missed 1B. :(

How is that possible?  He's a finely tuned athlete who's in control of his body's movements.  He's not a butterfly.

He was hustling for extra bases at that point before realizing the ball struck the foul pole. But he should have realized it and gone back when he saw it was a HR.

How is it possible for a player to miss a base?  They're not postage stamped-sized, and THEY'RE STATIONARY!!! 
I just turned the game on. It's hard to believe. On the other hand, it's hard to believe what Craig did. What was our first base coach looking at?