Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/1 - Phillies vs. Pirates

Post by Surgnbuck »

Back to back 2 out doubles

4-1
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

They are showing Realmuto's oven mitt glove, and how long it is. This is getting stupid, MLB needs to stop this or it's going to be embarrassing seeing how long those things end up getting
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Kellers day ends 5IP 4ER his ERA went from 7.04 to 7.05

For a brief shining moment, he was back in the sixes
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

795F584D44485F49412A0 wrote: Reynolds with a really nice catch leaping at the wall!  Gets a tip of the cap from Segura
Earlier in the season a member of the board ( not sure who it was) said that Reynolds was not a Center Fielder. Reynolds has done nothing this season to justify that comment.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Evans has started becoming the new Tom/Oliva, a complete afterthought, forgetting he's even on the roster.

Guy hardly plays, swings at the very first pitch he sees
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

4E70757D6E76767D5D786F7C2B190 wrote: Reynolds with a really nice catch leaping at the wall!  Gets a tip of the cap from Segura
Earlier in the season a member of the board ( not sure who it was) said that Reynolds was not a Center Fielder. Reynolds has done nothing this season to justify that comment.
I felt he's a much better left fielder, and the nice catch aside, he does pretty bad going back on balls going off the wall, and has played some doubles into triples. He took a lot of bad routes in places outside of PNC Park. I know if I say a guy "isn't a CF" I saying it to mean he can play the position adequately, but he's not someone to be confused with the top players, guys who are naturals.

This series he has been stellar. IDK what his metrics look like. I just go by the eye test if you will. I will say one thing is that he doesn't exactly have anyone on either side of him that's plays their position very well, except when Oliva was in right. So maybe he's been trying to do too much.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

If you didn't know any better, you'd never known Keller was replaced. Ponce doing a great imitation.

Single, double, sac fly makes it 5-1
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Hard to sweep a series when the first two pitchers the opponents face had ERA's of 7.04 and 7.36
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Segura doesn't get this one caught, double off the notch

6-1 Phils
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I continue to wonder why there were ever high expectations for Keller. He isn't overpowering. Doesn't have a lot of movement on his pitches. And his command is poor. Even though walks were not their usual problem for him today, he was not locating his strikes where he wanted. Perez was often putting the glove low and Keller was throwing hittable strikes higher in the strike zone. Sometimes a good pitcher can have a bad game but you can still see why people think he has good stuff. But I watch Keller routinely fail with his lack of impressive pitches and think, 'well yeah, what would you expect?' He looks like someone who is just barely good enough to get called up for an occasional emergency start.