Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4D6C644D666E090 wrote: Blame Pirates for No Deadline Deal.

Gorman takes no prisoners in his article this morning and coins a couple new nicknames for Nutting and Neal.

How about "Bottom Line" Bob and "No Deal" Neal.  Love it.

WOW! Takes no prisoners is right. Heck that's an A-Bomb over Federal Street.

I agree 100% with every word.

-no intention to compete

-failed the players and fans

-pocketed Marte and Kung $$

-illustrating Cubs and (gasp :o) KC and yankee deals the Pirates could have easily pulled

-etc etc etc.

I'm actually hopeful, for the first time in a couple years- I think Nutting is about to face a backlash that will force him to either invest into the team (no chance) OR sale to protect his Billion Dollar Mealticket. I think fans, who have been given the you-know-what are about to return the same salute to our owner.
notes34

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by notes34 »

717660686671363A43646E626A6F2D606C6E030 wrote: Blame Pirates for No Deadline Deal.

Gorman takes no prisoners in his article this morning and coins a couple new nicknames for Nutting and Neal.

WOW!  Takes no prisoners is right. Heck that's an A-Bomb over Federal Street.

-no intention to compete

-illustrating Cubs and (gasp  :o) KC and yankee deals the Pirates could have easily pulled

-etc etc etc.

I'm actually hopeful, for the first time in a couple years- I think Nutting is about to face a backlash that will force him to either invest into the team (no chance) OR sale to protect his Billion Dollar Mealticket.  I think fans, who have been given the you-know-what are about to return the same salute to our owner.

I'm very close. I already will not pay to attend another game. I am really close to turning the channel also. I can't remember the last time I didn't tune in for at least part of a game. I am going to try and cut the cord.
IABucFan

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by IABucFan »

30312A3B2D6D6A5E0 wrote: Blame Pirates for No Deadline Deal.

-no intention to compete

-illustrating Cubs and (gasp  :o) KC and yankee deals the Pirates could have easily pulled

-etc etc etc.

I'm actually hopeful, for the first time in a couple years- I think Nutting is about to face a backlash that will force him to either invest into the team (no chance) OR sale to protect his Billion Dollar Mealticket.  I think fans, who have been given the you-know-what are about to return the same salute to our owner.

I'm very close. I already will not pay to attend another game. I am really close to turning the channel also. I can't remember the last time I didn't tune in for at least part of a game. I am going to try and cut the cord.

I did it this week! Felt great! Two straight days where I could have tuned in and watched the Pirates, for at least a little bit, and I just kept it off. Very liberating, frankly. Watched Astros/Tigers both days, ninth inning of Marlins/Nats yesterday seeing if Gio was going to get his no-no. I certainly won't pay to go to another game. I may not renew my MLB.tv subscription next year (still debating that one). Ultimately, I probably can never completely turn my back on the Pirates, but I'm trying really hard to become either a Cards or Astros fan. It would be easy to be a Cards fan if their games weren't blacked out in Iowa.
rucker59@gmail.com

Trade Deadline Thread

131B182F391C3B345A0 wrote: Blame Pirates for No Deadline Deal.

-no intention to compete

-etc etc etc.

I did it this week!  Felt great!  Two straight days where I could have tuned in and watched the Pirates, for at least a little bit, and I just kept it off.  Very liberating, frankly.  Watched Astros/Tigers both days, ninth inning of Marlins/Nats yesterday seeing if Gio was going to get his no-no.  I certainly won't pay to go to another game.  I may not renew my MLB.tv subscription next year (still debating that one).  Ultimately, I probably can never completely turn my back on the Pirates, but I'm trying really hard to become either a Cards or Astros fan.  It would be easy to be a Cards fan if their games weren't blacked out in Iowa.

Take a two year vacation - Nutting sales before 2020. He'd be crazy not to.  Mario and Ron want a team, Mark Cuban wants a team.  The one thing Nutting knows he can't do is run the value into the ground.  He sells to one of those bidders and moves on.
johnfluharty

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by johnfluharty »

Cuban was blocked by MLB from buying the Cubs in the past. What makes you think he would be accepted now?
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Man am I sick of hearing the Mark Cuban buying the Pirates angle. 

rucker59@gmail.com

Trade Deadline Thread

676265636B6178656C7F79740D0 wrote: Cuban was blocked by MLB from buying the Cubs in the past.  What makes you think he would be accepted now?

Easy - Bob Nutting. I think MLB would throw a party if deep pockets bought the Pirates.

Plus, whatever the issues were with Cuban are long in the past. He's been a good owner from all I know. I think concerns are gone.
rucker59@gmail.com

Trade Deadline Thread

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: Man am I sick of hearing the Mark Cuban buying the Pirates angle. 

I don't understand. Why?

Mario, Cuban. I don't care. I just want somebody that can afford to at least run the team like a small mkt team. Cuban would be fine by me.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

63424A634840270 wrote: Blame Pirates for No Deadline Deal.

Plenty of reasons to not like what the club's doing, but not sure why about this deadline specifically. Team was going nowhere. Trading to boost now is throwing good money after bad. Cardinals thought so too, who also did nothing. Brewers got two relievers.

The time to do something was like three months ago--at this juncture not sure I'd see the point.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5255434B4552151960474D41494C0E434F4D200 wrote: Cuban was blocked by MLB from buying the Cubs in the past.  What makes you think he would be accepted now?

Easy - Bob Nutting.  I think MLB would throw a party if deep pockets bought the Pirates. 

Plus, whatever the issues were with Cuban are long in the past.  He's been a good owner from all I know. I think concerns are gone.

Mark Cuban has been fined more (times & money) than anyone by the NBA since he has owned the Dallas franchise.

Cuban wasn't interested in the Penguins in 2015 when they came up for sale.