Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by DemDog »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: Angel German Stats

Oneil Cruz Stats

Two young and interesting prospects.  And Watson gone might be addition by subtraction. 

Possum, how do you customize the URL links, i.e. showing "Oneil Cruz stats" rather than the actual URL?

Will send you a PM soon then will post something at the top of the forum for everyone.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1410182F39291C3B345A0 wrote: Cruz looks mildly interesting. More so than I would have expected for half a season of Watson.

I never heard of these guys, but their stats look alright. I didn't expect anything for Watson but a good "friendship" for future deals.

German looks like a strike out pitcher and has the frame Huntington usually goes for at 6'4". He has 37 strikeouts in 33 innings.

Cruz has some power, but extremely young. Baseball-Reference says he throws left-handed. I assume that is incorrect for a SS/3B/2B.
DemDog

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by DemDog »

Per P2 Cruz is #30 on Dodgers list. 6'6" SS/3B with power potential. Dodgers have pushed him this year from DSL to full season A ball.

German in low A a reliever with mid ninites FB topping at 100 mph on ocassion. Big sweeping slider.

Both are lottery pick times and we will have to wait to see how they turn out.
Bobster21

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

406169406B63040 wrote: Per P2 Cruz is #30 on Dodgers list.  6'6" SS/3B with power potential.  Dodgers have pushed him this year from DSL to full season A ball.

German in low A a reliever with mid ninites FB topping at 100 mph on ocassion.  Big sweeping slider. 

I'm fine with the deal. A half season of a struggling Watson wasn't going to bring much of a return. If either prospect becomes useful, it'll be a worthwhile deal. Otherwise, no big loss.
JollyRoger

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by JollyRoger »

45646C456E66010 wrote: Per P2 Cruz is #30 on Dodgers list.  6'6" SS/3B with power potential.  Dodgers have pushed him this year from DSL to full season A ball.

German in low A a reliever with mid ninites FB topping at 100 mph on ocassion.  Big sweeping slider. 

According to MLB site. Cruz was the Dodgers #21 Prospect
johnfluharty

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by johnfluharty »

1D2F23233705262F2227282F4E0 wrote: Hopefully later on when the deadline rush has gone, people will have time to go back and appreciate Tony's Pirate career.  Never flashy just did the job (until recently) and one of the long time Pirates on this team.  Probably couldn't be picked out of a lineup even by many huge Pirate fans. 

He had looked better the last few outings, and really looked crisp his last one. I would not be surprised to see him have a very good finish to the year, given the adrenaline of a really good shot at going to the world series.
johnfluharty

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by johnfluharty »

56777F567D75120 wrote: Per P2 Cruz is #30 on Dodgers list.  6'6" SS/3B with power potential.  Dodgers have pushed him this year from DSL to full season A ball.

A 6'6 shortstop?  Has their ever been such a thing? Looks like he was 6'4 when he was signed. He got a $950,000 bonus.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

494C4B4D454F564B4251575A230 wrote: Per P2 Cruz is #30 on Dodgers list.  6'6" SS/3B with power potential.  Dodgers have pushed him this year from DSL to full season A ball.

A 6'6 shortstop?  Has their ever been such a thing?

I always thought Cal Ripken was the tallest at 6'4"? Then there were a few at 6'3" like A-Rod, Jeter, and Tulo. I could be wrong. Six foot six is huge for a SS.
SCBucco

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SCBucco »

7279717D7879622721566F777E7979387579160 wrote: Pirates big trade acquisition picked up Joaquin Benoit and we only had to give up Seth McGarry to get him. What an outstanding management team. Best in baseball.

Wow, man, wow.  What did you think they were going to do?  You didn't know they were selling???  Wow, man, wow.

I was being sarcastic. Of course I know they are selling. Just keep defending and being an apologist for Bob Nutting Dog and all the shortcomings of this GM and his unwillingness to trade prospects. We know that you believe Bob Nutting is as good of an owner as Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle. You defended yourself in about 10 posts the other day about it.

This is why.  Like, you had no idea what was going to happen?  But now you said you did know what was going to happen and you still had to scream.  I get the anger, I just don't get the same posts over and over in every active thread.  I still wonder why you predicted 87 wins if you think the ownership is a big loser.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think you get the anger at all. All you do is defend a cheap owner and seem perfectly fine with a minor move when other pieces on a team that isn't a contender remain. To me, this deadline was a fail.
Jerseykc

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Jerseykc »

59525A565352490C0A7D445C555252135E523D0 wrote: Per P2 Cruz is #30 on Dodgers list.  6'6" SS/3B with power potential.  Dodgers have pushed him this year from DSL to full season A ball.

A 6'6 shortstop?  Has their ever been such a thing?

I always thought Cal Ripken was the tallest at 6'4"?  Then there were a few at 6'3" like A-Rod, Jeter, and Tulo.  I could be wrong.  Six foot six is huge for a SS.

Plus, both of them get to move off of the Great Lakes Loons to the WV Power. Nobody wants to be a Loon