The Other Games 2022

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6F2C352E3D28392F6F5C0 wrote: Just for major leaguers Doc.  The pitcher in question was going to opt out of his minor league deal so they traded him beforehand.

Thanks, 3P. Can always count on you for knowing the answer.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

White Sox right hander Dylan Cease loses no hitter tonight with two outs in the 9th.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

Albert Puljos hits #695.

St. Louis Cardinals fans are blessed in so many ways. I hope that they realize this and don't take it for granted. Doesn't take much to become average.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

One way to bet on yourself and win is to go out and hit a bunch of home runs like Aaron Judge does.

He must get bored jogging around those bases after doing it the 54th time.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Braves win last night puts them in a first place tie with

the Mets. Who says the Bucs aren't in a pennant race? :D
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

For those with MLB Network, Twins vs. Guardians on right now, Yankees and Brewers tonight.

Pirates and Mets will be shown on Sunday for out of towners with the network.

I know most people are watching college/pro football these weekends now, but thought I'd bring this thread back to the front page.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Cleveland sweeps the Twin bill (pun intended), the second game going 15 innings and 5 hours and 24 minutes, ending well after midnight (yep, stayed up and watched it).

So much for the ghost runner speeding things up! Long day, and you can kiss the Twins goodbye. They have lost the first three of a 5 game set.

Bobster21

The Other Games 2022

Post by Bobster21 »

466067727B7760767E150 wrote: Cleveland sweeps the Twin bill (pun intended), the second game going 15 innings and 5 hours and 24 minutes, ending well after midnight (yep, stayed up and watched it).

So much for the ghost runner speeding things up!  Long day, and you can kiss the Twins goodbye. They have lost the first three of a 5 game set.

Uh-oh. MLB will have to address this. Maybe a coin flip after the 10th inning to determine the winner. If possible, a ghost flip.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: Cleveland sweeps the Twin bill (pun intended), the second game going 15 innings and 5 hours and 24 minutes, ending well after midnight (yep, stayed up and watched it).

So much for the ghost runner speeding things up!  Long day, and you can kiss the Twins goodbye. They have lost the first three of a 5 game set.

Uh-oh. MLB will have to address this. Maybe a coin flip after the 10th inning to determine the winner. If possible, a ghost flip.
Know what bothered me? It's the challenge thing. Both teams used a challenge they knew wasn't going to overturn, but they did it because of the "you just never know" factor. It bothers me because that tells me there isn't 100 percent trust in the replay system. Which was supposed to be to make sure "every call was right".

The challenges in question were on a double play, challenging both an illegal slide into second and the out call at first. The other was a blocking the plate call. A run scores if either challenge resulted in a call being overturned.

It's ridiculous, it's kind of like people who file frivolous lawsuits. They want to speed up the game, yet here's managers playing the system. We see this all season long though, a team still has their challenge, and if they are behind and there's any opportunity to use it in the 8th or 9th inning in a close game, they do.

So much for the spirit of the game, so much for professionalism, so much for respect for the game when this stuff happens. It's blatantly unsportsmanlike as well.
Bobster21

The Other Games 2022

Post by Bobster21 »

604641545D51465058330 wrote: Cleveland sweeps the Twin bill (pun intended), the second game going 15 innings and 5 hours and 24 minutes, ending well after midnight (yep, stayed up and watched it).

Know what bothered me? It's the challenge thing. Both teams used a challenge they knew wasn't going to overturn, but they did it because of the "you just never know" factor. It bothers me because that tells me there isn't 100 percent trust in the replay system. Which was supposed to be to make sure "every call was right".

The challenges in question were on a double play, challenging both an illegal slide into second and the out call at first. The other was a blocking the plate call. A run scores if either challenge resulted in a call being overturned.

It's ridiculous, it's kind of like people who file frivolous lawsuits. They want to speed up the game, yet here's managers playing the system. We see this all season long though, a team still has their challenge, and if they are behind and there's any opportunity to use it in the 8th or 9th inning in a close game, they do.

So much for the spirit of the game, so much for professionalism, so much for respect for the game when this stuff happens. It's blatantly unsportsmanlike as well.
There was a game a few weeks ago where a team challenged an obvious correct call because they wanted to give their reliever more time to warm up and then made the pitching change after the call was confirmed.