The Roster

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

4368696C6C696E53746174696F6E000 wrote: I want to be buyers and go get Musgrove offer up Terrmar Johnson, to start as he is heating up, maybe Bednar or Priester.

Keller

Musgrove

Skenes

those guys can win you 2-1 games
I don't think Nutting would pay Musgrove's 20 million a year for the next 4 years.
fjk090852-7

The Roster

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5C7776737376714C6B7E6B7670711F0 wrote: I want to be buyers and go get Musgrove offer up Terrmar Johnson, to start as he is heating up, maybe Bednar or Priester.

Keller

Musgrove

Skenes

those guys can win you 2-1 games
Musgrove would be nice, but this team needs hitters. Today’s game should have been won by them in regulation. Right now they have no clutch hitting. A clutch hit here or there they win the game 6-3 easily. Since he has arrived from Indy, Triolo appears to be able to drive in runners from scoring position. Maybe Endy, and Peguero can had a jolt to this dreadful lineup.
ChillinStation

The Roster

Post by ChillinStation »

Pretty sure Peguero will be the new Castro but at least it will be a change.

Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

With Castro gone, there are no reserves for 2B, 3B or SS. It would have been interesting yesterday if Gonzalez, Marcano or Triolo had been injured. So it's unlikely Marcano gets optioned to make room for Peguero. Both are needed. Endy is C, 1B, OF. He's only played a handful of games at 2B.

The OF is overloaded with Reynolds, Suwinski, Davis, Joe, Palacios and Cutch. Cutch DHs but so does Choi. Palacios is a good LH PHer but might be a victim of the numbers game. The TDL would settle some things with any of Santana, Choi and Joe likely to be dealt but that's 2 weeks away.
Surgnbuck

The Roster

Post by Surgnbuck »

Priester still has to be added to the 40 man roster. That's an issue I'm wondering about. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bae placed on the 60 day IL. He's in a walking boot, and it would buy them time to see what shakes out on the field, and at the trade deadline too, for some openings. I think there's an outside chance Hayes could end up there too.

As far as making room for these three, my guess is Bolton, Palacios, and Marcano are optioned back down to Indy. But I could also see Delay gone if they are actually planning on using Davis and Rodriguez as catchers.

Right now, having the likes of Santana, Choi, and Joe muddles it up some. They're tradeable commodities, so unless a deal is sprung unexpectedly today, whoever is sent down will probably only be gone till the trade deadline. I can't foresee any of those three still being a Pirate come August 1st. Cutch will be here, 100% certain of that. I'm 90% certain Hill will be also.
WildwoodDave2

The Roster

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

012A2B2E2E2B2C113623362B2D2C420 wrote: Pretty sure Peguero will be the new Castro but at least it will be a change.

Hopefully I am wrong but I have never been high on Peguero
Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

1C3A3D28212D3A2C244F0 wrote: Priester still has to be added to the 40 man roster. That's an issue I'm wondering about. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bae placed on the 60 day IL. He's in a walking boot, and it would buy them time to see what shakes out on the field, and at the trade deadline too, for some openings.  I think there's an outside chance Hayes could end up there too.

As far as making room for these three, my guess is Bolton, Palacios, and Marcano are optioned back down to Indy. But I could also see Delay gone if they are actually planning on using Davis and Rodriguez as catchers.

Right now, having the likes of Santana, Choi, and Joe muddles it up some. They're tradeable commodities, so unless a deal is sprung unexpectedly today, whoever is sent down will probably only be gone till the trade deadline. I can't foresee any of those three still being a Pirate come August 1st. Cutch will be here, 100% certain of that. I'm 90% certain Hill will be also.
I'm just assuming that Delay goes. I agree about Bolton and Palacios.
MaineBucs

The Roster

Post by MaineBucs »

I doubt that they are bringing Peguero up to languish on the bench. My guess is that he starts at SS with Gonzalez at 2nd and that Marcano is the infield reserve.

All of the Bucs' current crop of infielders are young: 22 - 25 years of age with limited major league experience. To date, none has excelled, but I am encouraged that they are trying to find out if anyone may leap ahead of the other players.

I am not going to call it a travesty if Delay is optioned to AAA, but he has done everything that is expected of a reserve catcher. Hedges is the one that should be gone, but there are about $2.2 million dollars remaining as to why he will not. Frankly, that doesn't seem like a lot to me in today's world of MLB. I gotta assume that BC is working to move Hedges, and if he can't by the trading deadline, the Bucs should just eat the remainder of his contract.

I also agree that Palacios is likely to be the other player sent down.

Last comment, I didn't realize that Davis's catching skills were so bad that the Bucs appear to be petrified and disinterested in using him as a catcher. If that is the case, they should be working with him to become a first baseman. Last I looked, the Pirates have no one in the system who is ready to play 1st at the major league level.
DemDog

The Roster

Post by DemDog »

Travis Swaggerty DFA'd according to 93.7 The Fan.
mouse

The Roster

Post by mouse »

Wow. Now that surprises me.