Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: I wonder if when the season finally starts if they could do some temporary emergency measure where they expand the roster by two spots so teams have extra relievers. Maybe for the first two weeks of the season.
I liked an old rule that ended in the 1960s that allowed teams to carry 28 players for the first 30 days of their schedule before cutting down to 25.

I had forgotten that, to be honest. It seems to make a lot of sense to do something like that.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

So the word on the street is the season will start around memorial day. The MLB will bring their teams back to their training areas a week or so before the start of the season. Of course that all depends on how the coronavirus thing progresses. I wanted to thank all the members who contributed to this thread. Originally when I started this they televised very few games so I tried to go into greater detail but now they televised most of them so that is not as important.

Last impressions: The net that was installed really took away from the spring training experience as player interaction was extremely limited and although it is hard to argue the purpose it seems reasonable that doors could have been installed to provide player access. These doors could have been closed during the game. One old-timer said they might as well built a wall of brick! Of course, the coronavirus is another whole story by itself.

Anyway thanks for participating.
DemDog

Spring Training Thread

Post by DemDog »

Thank you LeCom for getting this thread started. We here at OBN will await your ST thread for 2021 season.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Spring Training Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

022B2D21234E0 wrote: So the word on the street is the season will start around memorial day. The MLB will bring their teams back to their training areas a week or so before the start of the season. Of course that all depends on how the coronavirus thing progresses. I wanted to thank all the members who contributed to this thread. Originally when I started this they televised very few games so I tried to go into greater detail but now they televised most of them so that is not as important. 

Last impressions: The net that was installed really took away from the spring training experience as player interaction was extremely limited and although it is hard to argue the purpose it seems reasonable that doors could have been installed to provide player access. These doors could have been closed during the game. One old-timer said they might as well built a wall of brick! Of course, the coronavirus is another whole story by itself.

Anyway thanks for participating.

Fine job once again, Lecom, in spite of the early shutdown. Always like getting your first hand accounts. It's the next best thing to being there. Much appreciated.