SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

SOG/GOG

Post by DemDog »

"Poop"lanco for GOG. The most experienced guy in the OF has no clue!
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Guys, you can't vote for Polanco. He gets paid more than a LMG so he has to be better than them.
DemDog

SOG/GOG

Post by DemDog »

500610040B11010A071022050F030B0E4C01620 wrote: Guys, you can't vote for Polanco.  He gets paid more than a LMG so he has to be better than them. 

That's all the more reason to vote for him for GOG. He played like a great big pile of :poop:
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

6B4A426B40482F0 wrote: Guys, you can't vote for Polanco.  He gets paid more than a LMG so he has to be better than them. 

That's all the more reason to vote for him for GOG.  He played like a great big pile of   :poop:

Maybe instead of calling him El Coffee, he should be El Poopee.
DemDog

SOG/GOG

Post by DemDog »

1E485E4A455F4F44495E6C4B414D4540024F2C0 wrote: Guys, you can't vote for Polanco.  He gets paid more than a LMG so he has to be better than them. 

That's all the more reason to vote for him for GOG.  He played like a great big pile of  :poop:

With your suggestion in mind as Chief Fixer of OBN, I hereby decree that Gregory Polanco shall be referred to as "El Poopee". ;D ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

77565E775C54330 wrote: Guys, you can't vote for Polanco.  He gets paid more than a LMG so he has to be better than them. 

That's all the more reason to vote for him for GOG.  He played like a great big pile of  :poop:

With your suggestion in mind as Chief Fixer of OBN, I hereby decree that Gregory Polanco shall be referred to as "El Poopee".   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ooo, I can't wait to get my gift.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

Hard to find a GOG but my vote goes to Polanco for staggering under a routine fly ball so that the runner on 1B was able to tag up and go to 2B from where he scored 2 batters later. Also, his temporary visit above the Mendoza line is coming to an end as his 0 for 3 took him to .200. The "hot streak" that took him all the way up to .219 is over.
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

765B56474051460605340 wrote: Hard to find a GOG but my vote goes to Polanco for staggering under a routine fly ball so that the runner on 1B was able to tag up and go to 2B from where he scored 2 batters later. Also, his temporary visit above the Mendoza line is coming to an end as his 0 for 3 took him to .200. The "hot streak" that took him all the way up to .219 is over.

He certainly looked like anything but a major league outfielder on that flyball. He always was a liability on defense but, with the addition of his arm like it is, it's not possible to justify having him out there.

The question now becomes, when will he be released? I don't see the sense in waiting until the Deadline or after the season ends. It's completely irresponsible to continue to play him.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

1345534748524249445361464C40484D0F42210 wrote: Hard to find a GOG but my vote goes to Polanco for staggering under a routine fly ball so that the runner on 1B was able to tag up and go to 2B from where he scored 2 batters later. Also, his temporary visit above the Mendoza line is coming to an end as his 0 for 3 took him to .200. The "hot streak" that took him all the way up to .219 is over.

He certainly looked like anything but a major league outfielder on that flyball.  He always was a liability on defense but, with the addition of his arm like it is, it's not possible to justify having him out there. 

The question now becomes, when will he be released?  I don't see the sense in waiting until the Deadline or after the season ends.  It's completely irresponsible to continue to play him.

Yeah, I know they hope to unload him, but that now seems all but impossible. And he's due at least 3 million next year in a buyout. If they release him, he can be picked up by another team who is only responsible for the minimum salary while the Pirates pay the rest. But that would put the other team on the hook for the buyout next year. So it's possible, no team would pick him up, much less trade anything for him and his contract. At this point, he has no value and is counterproductive to winning. IMHO, the best thing the Pirates could do is release him in the hope of saving about half a million this year and 3 million next year in the unlikely event some other team would take a chance on him.
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

752335212E34242F223507202A262E2B6924470 wrote: It's completely irresponsible to continue to play him.

I'd agree IF another outfielder showed they were any better hitting, catching, or throwing.

Tom, Alford, Fowler have been given those golden opportunities called, "let the young guys play" but they can't even seize the bull by one horn. As bad as Polanco is, and as much as we all want him gone, he's BETTER than the clowns they have tried to audition to be his replacements. Add to that, Evans shine has worn off. He's not hitting anymore, and he's awful in LF.

Pure and simple, if they want to improve the OF, they'll have to do it differently. This all stands on Hayes return.

Hayes to third

Gonzalez to short

Newman to second

Adam Frazier to the OF

You guys keep forgetting those "young guys" haven't even played a game in over a year. That's why we're not seeing them. The minors will be opening up, and soon those guys will get steady hacks. They too have a shot to prove they want a ML job. If they start out scuffling, no point in bringing them up.

Just my two cents. Until someone proves they want a major league contract, Polanco is staying. I thought it had everything to do with money. Now it's obvious, as bad as he is, he is the third best OF they have right now.,