Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

Diego Castillo was added to the 40 man roster from Indy. The spot on the roster was available due to Jose Soriano cleared waivers and has been returned to the Angels.
MaineBucs

Off Season Thread

Post by MaineBucs »

Long time since I've thought about Daniel Moskos and his unfortunate selection with the Pirates' top pick.

That said, good for him that he has made it to the majors in a coaching capacity.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Those who can, do. Those who never could, teach.

Might be good that he made it to the majors as a pitching coach.

It's a whole lot better that he made it to a team in our division. A little surprised that Littlefield didn't hire him for the Tigers.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

A group called New Arena listed, in an article on MLB.com, Derek Shelton as the worst manager in baseball. I don’t know who those people are but they likely won’t get many arguments.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

How can the best GM hire the worst guy?
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

487D6A6A61586A6A61666A0F0 wrote: How can the best GM hire the worst guy?
Who says he's the best GM? I've never seen anyone say that.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sarcasm.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

546176767D4476767D7A76130 wrote: Sarcasm.
Your comment would have only been sarcastic if people were actually saying he was the best GM. Which they are not. They just aren't agreeing with you that he's terrible because he hasn't done the impossible and got Nutting to finance an immediate overhaul of the MLB roster. There's a big difference between not agreeing he's terrible and claiming he's the best. But it's easier for you to pretend that people are claiming he's the best so that you can debunk that false notion than for you to address the reality that his plan--which may or may not succeed--is not your plan. Time will tell if he's good, bad or mediocre. But you want immediate results so you always trash him and when anyone points out the flaw in that logic you pretend they are saying that he's great so that you can show they are wrong. And when it is pointed out that your constant criticism of BC is flawed because you judge him not on what he is actually trying to do but rather on what you wish he was doing, you cry that you are not allowed to criticize. It's tiresome.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

I may have said that Cherington's terrible, but I don't recall it.  Maybe he's as terrible as our manager is and our announcers are.  I don't think that he's all that good.  There's a difference.

He had a good draft.  After that?  Before that?  Unimpressive.

Hasn't done anything since the season's ended.  OK, if someone thinks that the Yankees LMG is "something," then he's done something.

How's the team done since he hired the manager?

How's our pitching been since he hired the pitching coach?

He's the guy.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

7F595E4B424E594F472C0 wrote: Brewers acquire INF Mike Brosseau from Tampa for High A pitcher Evan Reifert.

Tampa has a ton of arbitration guys, wonder if they trade a few more. Pirates could use an OF, maybe Meadows?