Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Would love to see Bucs add Jed Lowrie to improve infield mix...Sean Rodriguez certainly would have helped the club

this season. But front office wounldn't pay him. Yes, he had

an unfortunate accident during off season, but is back playing for the Atlanta Braves. Sure could use his versatility and bat

in the line up...But as always, our Bucs don't want to pay for

anyone... :-X
BaltoEd

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by BaltoEd »

Hi all it has been a long time. I doubt they do much today but Jay Bruce would be nice to help replace Marte in a possible playoff run. Doing nothing would prove that they are not trying to win. :'( :'(
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6C5B4D5D684F404740696F2E0 wrote: Would love to see Bucs add Jed Lowrie to improve infield mix...Sean Rodriguez certainly would have helped the club

this season. But front office wounldn't pay him. Yes, he had

an unfortunate accident during off season, but is back playing for the Atlanta Braves. Sure could use his versatility and bat

in the line up...But as always, our Bucs don't want to pay for

anyone... :-X

Or was it they didn't want to pay $11.5 million for a bench player? How much were bench players getting this past off season?

I don't want Jed Lowrie starting next year. I'd rather have Freese, Harrison or Mercer.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

64474A52496342260 wrote: Hi all it has been a long time.  I doubt they do much today but Jay Bruce would be nice to help replace Marte in a possible playoff run. Doing nothing would prove that they are not trying to win. :'( :'(

Do you still think they will be "buying" at this point?  Bruce would just be half a season. 

I don't see it.  I see players being moved and maybe added for next year, but nothing to make a run for this year.  The latest west coast trip changed everything.

Plus, Polanco is due back. I would take the risk of going with Osuna, Frazier if (big time if) they make the playoffs.

ArnoldRothstein

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I'll just throw this here: 10 years ago today, we added Matt Morris to the rotation.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

1E2D3130333B0D302B372C2B3A36315F0 wrote: I'll just throw this here: 10 years ago today, we added Matt Morris to the rotation.

Terrible trade. Many local reporters believed Littlefield knew he was getting fired and screwed over the franchise on purpose. Not sure if I buy that, but that trade got Littlefield fired, which was a good thing.
Bobster21

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

6D4E435B406A4B2F0 wrote: Hi all it has been a long time.  I doubt they do much today but Jay Bruce would be nice to help replace Marte in a possible playoff run. Doing nothing would prove that they are not trying to win. :'( :'(
Hello Ed. Bruce would be a much better LH bat/OF than Joggin' John Jaso. He gets 13 mil this year, which has been about 60% paid already. So it would cost the Bucs about 5 mil, which they already saved on Kang and Marte. It's a move they could make just to give the fans a better product on the field the rest of the season even tho it's not a move for 2018.
SCBucco

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SCBucco »

587B766E755F7E1A0 wrote: Hi all it has been a long time.  I doubt they do much today but Jay Bruce would be nice to help replace Marte in a possible playoff run. Doing nothing would prove that they are not trying to win. :'( :'(

We need a starting pitcher before adding someone like Bruce just for the playoffs. We need to make it first.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0E1E1F283E3E325D0 wrote: Hi all it has been a long time.  I doubt they do much today but Jay Bruce would be nice to help replace Marte in a possible playoff run. Doing nothing would prove that they are not trying to win. :'( :'(

We need a starting pitcher before adding someone like Bruce just for the playoffs.  We need to make it first.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

04363A3A2E1C3F363B3E3136570 wrote: Hi all it has been a long time.  I doubt they do much today but Jay Bruce would be nice to help replace Marte in a possible playoff run. Doing nothing would prove that they are not trying to win. :'( :'(

We need a starting pitcher before adding someone like Bruce just for the playoffs.  We need to make it first.

Yep. I'm kind of surprised people think they should or will buy today fro this year? I expect Watson and Nicasio to be gone. Hudson too. That would be a big blow to an already underperforming bullpen.