Official Thread - Bucs @ Cards 4/7

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Yoshi smokes one but right at Bader makes a nice catch coming in.

Newman with the Bucs first hit of the year
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

strike em out,. throw em out DP.....replay Newman looked like he had it, but no challeng.

Off to class.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Hays almost played a full inning without getting hurt.

I would have definitely signed Reynolds over Hays on a long term contract. Hopefully Hays rebounds. If so, the contract will be a bargain
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Brubaker is throwing a lot of pitches. If it wasn't for the dh, he might have been pinch hit for his first time to the plate.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

The game is 30 minutes old. Cards have been on offense for 25 of those minutes. Just hit a 3 run HR. Brubaker is toast.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I’ve come to the conclusion that Vogelbach does not have any arms only 4 legs.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

My 2 thoughts at this point ...

1. Get ready for this all year long because we don't have any good starting pitchers. It's amazing to me that this franchise (ie, the owner) is perfectly willing to go into a 162-game season without even one legitimate MLB caliber starting pitcher.

2. Let's guess when Hayes returns. I'll start and say June 26. Tomorrow they'll say either "day-to-day" or "10-day DL" and it will end up being 3 months, because #pirates.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5674677A797C7B74576076767A150 wrote: My 2 thoughts at this point ...

1. Get ready for this all year long because we don't have any good starting pitchers. It's amazing to me that this franchise (ie, the owner) is perfectly willing to go into a 162-game season without even one legitimate MLB caliber starting pitcher.

2. Let's guess when Hayes returns. I'll start and say June 26. Tomorrow they'll say either "day-to-day" or "10-day DL" and it will end up being 3 months, because #pirates.

Not to defend Nutting but BC must be at least okay with that too (as far as starting pitchers go)

In post game news conference will Shelty say Brubaker did his job? He pitched 3 innings?
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

113736213727540 wrote: My 2 thoughts at this point ...

Not to defend Nutting but BC must be at least okay with that too (as far as starting pitchers go) 

In post game news conference will Shelty say Brubaker did his job?  He pitched 3 innings?

Shelty will say it was an abbreviated Spring Training and Brubaker toughed it out to give them 3 innings.

Question: Does Wainwright always shut out the Pirates with a bunch of strike outs. It sure seems so
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5D7B7A6D7B6B180 wrote: My 2 thoughts at this point ...

[highlight]Not to defend Nutting but BC must be at least okay with that too (as far as starting pitchers go)[/highlight] 

In post game news conference will Shelty say Brubaker did his job?  He pitched 3 innings?

I'm convinced that BC's plan for this year is to "help" the team lose as much as possible in order to get the most chances in the lottery for the first pick.