Official Game Thread - 4/12 - Cubs vs Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

444849121B121A17100F15220 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!
I totally agree with you. He had a couple spurts last year in September, but overall he has never hit well in the Majors.
Good pitching wasted today
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6C4A4B5C4A5A290 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!
I totally agree with you. He had a couple spurts last year in September, but overall he has never hit well in the Majors.

my question is, Is Van Meter better?  I think the answer is debateable.
They currently have 14 pitchers and I think they will keep 14 when cutting 2 players from the roster. And they don't need PHers on the bench to bat for pitchers. I think 2 of Tucker, Park, VanMeter or Castillo will be sent down. And based on their propensity for illogical decisions, I suspect they will option Castillo and Park.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: > 1/2 way through the game and no gripes re the announcers.  There's light at the end of the tunnel!  ;)
I think my gripe about the endless interview with Charlie Hayes should qualify. :)
They said the attendance was over 34,000 today- probably the last time
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!

They currently have 14 pitchers and I think they will keep 14 when cutting 2 players from the roster. And they don't need PHers on the bench to bat for pitchers. I think 2 of Tucker, Park, VanMeter or Castillo will be sent down. And based on their propensity for illogical decisions, I suspect they will option Castillo and Park.
I thought there was some rule now which states a team cannot carry more than 13 pitchers. So if this is the case one position player and one pitcher must be removed from the roster.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7B77762D242D25282F302A1D0 wrote: Tucker has to go at the end of the month if not sooner.  The guy can't hit a lick!

I thought there was some rule now which states a team cannot carry more than 13 pitchers. So if this is the case one position player and one pitcher must be removed from the roster.
Interesting. I didn't know about the 13 pitcher rule.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Worst part about today ... there will probably be very few games this year where our pitching allows 2 runs or less. But the feeble offense couldn't take advantage of it.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

735E53424554430300310 wrote: OMG, I have heard enough about Hayes from his dad.
I have heard enough of his contract extension. They did that during pre-game intro's. It was so cringe worthy, I don't care about all the applause it generated.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

7D5B5C49404C5B4D452E0 wrote: OMG, I have heard enough about Hayes from his dad.
I have heard enough of his contract extension. They did that during pre-game intro's. It was so cringe worthy, I don't care about all the applause it generated.
I hear you

It is truly embarrassing to gawk over a $70M extension when that would hardly make headlines with most teams. But because it was the biggest in over 20 years for the Pirates (Kendall contract) they are making it sound like Nutting has changed his ways. We will see. If Hayes does become an elite 3B he will regret signing an 8 year deal for so little.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

56737070654E737B796E1C0 wrote: OMG, I have heard enough about Hayes from his dad.
I hear you

It is truly embarrassing to gawk over a $70M extension when that would hardly make headlines with most teams. But because it was the biggest in over 20 years for the Pirates (Kendall contract) they are making it sound like Nutting has changed his ways. We will see. If Hayes does become an elite 3B he will regret signing an 8 year deal for so little.
yeah it needs to be in context with contracts other teams have given. The Bucs are still at the bottom. Maybe Reynolds contract will change that.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Typical Bucs.  We lose 101. We extend a guy.

We win 101, we dump three of 'em.

I mean....IF we won 101.

J/k.   ;D