Game Thread - 5/31 - Bucs @ Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I completely agree with Freddy on this one.

Get Cruz and Martin up here tomorrow before Friday's home game.

I feel like they have messed around with Cruz's head way too long. Just get him up to big leagues, put him at SS for several weeks, leave him alone and let's see what happens.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1B392A37343136391A2D3B3B37580 wrote: I completely agree with Freddy on this one.

I feel like they have messed around with Cruz's head way too long. Just get him up to big leagues, put him at SS for several weeks, leave him alone and let's see what happens.

Cruz had a sore ankle a few days ago. I haven't seen an update.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

3720362663656264626C550 wrote: Holy cow!!! Should the BUCS sweep the Dodgers in LA, no less, I'll run naked around Wildwood Daves house.

Spare us.

Don't spare him. Have at it. ;)
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

4260736E6D686F60437462626E010 wrote: I completely agree with Freddy on this one.

100% agree with both of you. Put Martin and Chavis at 1B. We didn’t need Yu Chang and he looked totally over matched last night.

Put Cruz at SS and keep him there. Castillo and Castro can rotate at 2B. If Castro continues to struggle give his time to Chavis.

I want to see more of Marcano. Keep him in the lineup. Suwinski has shown some power and good D but his average is horrible and he strikes out too often. I think he needs to go to Indy. Need to see more of Mitchell. Pirates will have a lot of decisions to make when players start coming off the IR
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

1B3C2D292C310E3A2D2C2C31480 wrote: It’s time to call Cruz and Mason Martin up here and the time to do so is on the off day on Thursday before the series at home with Arizona this weekend. Cruz is hitting .280 in the last 3-4 weeks with a .941 OPS and 6 home runs.  What the hell else do they want this kid to do before calling him up especially with all these injuries recently. This would be a perfect time to do this as well coming home in early June for a homestand after potentially sweeping the Dodgers in LA and having a little bit of a buzz around the team which doesn’t happen very often if at all anymore. Doing these moves would create just that. Pirate fans want to see along with Reynolds, Hayes, and Chavis guys like Cruz, Martin, Marcano, Mitchell, and Suwinski in the lineup consistently everyday they don’t want to see guys like VanMeter, Yu Chang, Hoy Park or Yoshi. Not calling these guys up now to start June after seeing they clearly deserve to be up here is just a complete derelict of duty on management.

Cruz is an easier decision than Martin because it causes no 40-man issues. Cruz up and Park down.

But what's getting dicey is how to manage the 40-man with so many guys on the IL. I want to see the younger guys - and I'll throw Bae in there - but we'll have to release some of the guys you've listed to make room for Martin or Bae. Has Yoshii been given enough time? Is Park just a AAAA guy? Chang seems easy. But guys will come off the IL and need space - Vogelbach, Gamel, Marisnick.

Probably some hesitancy with the brass. It is sure to happen, but it is probably still a case of when - or maybe when have we seen enough of Yoshii and can replace him with Martin.