Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Oneil Cruz

Post by Bobster21 »

7E5C4F525154535C7F485E5E523D0 wrote: What should happen:

* Bring him up ASAP

* Pencil him in at SS every night

* Give him 1 day off per week

* Leave him alone for 2 months at SS and give him time and let's see what he can do.

What will happen:

* Bring him up eventually

* Make him a spot starter

* Rest him 4-5 days a week

* Give him zero opportunity to build rhythm or confidence

* Make Newman the starting SS as soon as he returns
Ahh, you are wise to the ways of the Pirate.
WildwoodDave2

Oneil Cruz

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7F525F4E49584F0F0C3D0 wrote: What should happen:

* Bring him up ASAP

* Leave him alone for 2 months at SS and give him time and let's see what he can do.

What will happen:

I believe I have mentioned this before. Due to his size, I am surprised that he hasn't been tried at 1st Base. IT's not like we don't need one. Your thoughts.
Bobster21

Oneil Cruz

Post by Bobster21 »

6957525A4951515A7A5F485B0C3E0 wrote: What should happen:

* Bring him up ASAP

What will happen:

I believe I have mentioned this before. Due to his size, I am surprised that he hasn't been tried at 1st Base. IT's not like we don't need one. Your thoughts.
I guess it just makes too much sense for the Pirates.

mouse

Oneil Cruz

Post by mouse »

I'm guessing he doesn't want to play first base. He considers himself a shortstop. He's not enthused at outfield where his arm would play. He certainly wouldn't be happy about first, which is the last step on the field.
GreenWeenie

Oneil Cruz

Post by GreenWeenie »

Get a guy who knows first base to play first base.
WildwoodDave2

Oneil Cruz

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C6E747264010 wrote: I'm guessing he doesn't want to play first base. He considers himself a shortstop. He's not enthused at outfield where his arm would play. He certainly wouldn't be happy about first, which is the last step on the field.
When I was coaching American Legion Baseball, I never asked anyone where they wanted to play. I just said, here is where you play. Obviously this is different but the team pays the salary. I don't care if he isn't happy. How many 6'7 SS do you see out there.
Ecbucs

Oneil Cruz

Post by Ecbucs »

0F2D3E232025222D0E392F2F234C0 wrote: What should happen:

* Bring him up ASAP

What will happen:

are you really Ben C or Derek S.?
Ecbucs

Oneil Cruz

Post by Ecbucs »

66585D55465E5E557550475403310 wrote: I'm guessing he doesn't want to play first base. He considers himself a shortstop. He's not enthused at outfield where his arm would play. He certainly wouldn't be happy about first, which is the last step on the field.
When I was coaching American Legion Baseball, I never asked anyone where they wanted to play. I just said, here is where you play. Obviously this is different but the team pays the salary. I don't care if he isn't happy. How many 6'7 SS do you see out there.

my feeling is the Bucs think there is a chance that Cruz can stick at short or they would have moved him already.
Bobster21

Oneil Cruz

Post by Bobster21 »

123435223424570 wrote: I'm guessing he doesn't want to play first base. He considers himself a shortstop. He's not enthused at outfield where his arm would play. He certainly wouldn't be happy about first, which is the last step on the field.

my feeling is the Bucs think there is a chance that Cruz can stick at short or they would have moved him already.
But Peguero is 1 year behind Cruz (AA vs AAA), is a good hitter and far superior defensively.
WildwoodDave2

Oneil Cruz

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: I'm guessing he doesn't want to play first base. He considers himself a shortstop. He's not enthused at outfield where his arm would play. He certainly wouldn't be happy about first, which is the last step on the field.

But Peguero is 1 year behind Cruz (AA vs AAA), is a good hitter and far superior defensively.
agree- Peguero is the future SS. Tell Cruz to get over it and play where the hell they want him to play.