Game Thread - 7/8 - Bucs @ Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that before Newman singled in the 9th, he was thrown out at 1B on a swinging bunt and had the play wrongly nullified by the umps. The ball rolled a few feet up the 1B chalk line and the catcher grabbed it off the line and threw Newman out at 1B. The ump then wrongly ruled it a foul ball and Newman got another chance. The Brewers had lost their challenge earlier in the game so the call couldn't be overturned.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: Brewers look like they're wearing softball uniforms.

They look ridiculous, as do so many of the other special uniforms other teams are wearing.  Are these uniforms increasing interest in the game so much that they're necessary?  Sometimes it seems that baseball wants to rid itself of its traditions, which are the best of all the other sports.

If you think the Brewers “City Connect” uniforms look awful; you need to check out the Padres. Without a doubt, the most hideous uniforms you will ever see. Watching grown men wearing hot pink, lime green, rainbow sherbet colored uniforms is just wrong.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

He got aggressive because of where he saw the throw come out of [McCutchen’s] hand."

I'm guessing that means because McCutchen threw a true rainbow to second.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

694C4F4F5A714C444651230 wrote: Brewers look like they're wearing softball uniforms.

They look ridiculous, as do so many of the other special uniforms other teams are wearing.  Are these uniforms increasing interest in the game so much that they're necessary?  Sometimes it seems that baseball wants to rid itself of its traditions, which are the best of all the other sports.

If you think the Brewers “City Connect” uniforms look awful; you need to check out the Padres. Without a doubt, the most hideous uniforms you will ever see. Watching grown men wearing hot pink, lime green, rainbow sherbet colored uniforms is just wrong.

I saw them, but words escaped me when I tried to write a comment about them. "Hideous" about sums it up, though.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Didn't get to see the game because of the Apple broadcast. Did see the last play on MLB TV. Vogelbach looked incredulous at first that his late game heroics meant nothing.

If BC keeps Shelton and the third base coach after thiis season my opinion of him will really decline

In fact, I would like to see them make a change at the All Star break. Don Kelly to interim manager (placeholder to end of season), and Wehner to third base coach.

There is no justification for how last night's game ended. Welcome back to the Pirates Newman.