Game thread April 27 vs LA

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

1C4A5C48475D4D464B5C6E49434F4742004D2E0 wrote: So, Hernandez doesn't pitch for 9 games or so but then pitches twice against the Dodgers.  Great results so far, particularly for a Rule 5 pick.  Perhaps the Dodgers made a mistake in failing to protect him.

You know the team wanted to close this one out and take the series when they use their closer to pitch the 9th with a 4 run lead.

I am really enjoying this unbelievable run.  Perhaps if they keep this up, Nutting will become so euphoric that he will authorize BC to spend more of his money and lock up even more players. 

It’s good to dream, Maine.  But if history is a guide, we shouldn’t wait for that dream to come true.  I don’t trust Nutting, regardless of what he’s done and said about the Reynolds signing.  His actions after the 2015 season are a true indication of what we can expect in the future rather than what he says he’ll do in the coming years. 

Yep, I have a feeling at some point this season he will disappoint.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

3522342461676066606E570 wrote: So, Hernandez doesn't pitch for 9 games or so but then pitches twice against the Dodgers.  Great results so far, particularly for a Rule 5 pick.  Perhaps the Dodgers made a mistake in failing to protect him.

You know the team wanted to close this one out and take the series when they use their closer to pitch the 9th with a 4 run lead.

I am really enjoying this unbelievable run.  Perhaps if they keep this up, Nutting will become so euphoric that he will authorize BC to spend more of his money and lock up even more players. 

It’s good to dream, Maine.  But if history is a guide, we shouldn’t wait for that dream to come true.  I don’t trust Nutting, regardless of what he’s done and said about the Reynolds signing.  His actions after the 2015 season are a true indication of what we can expect in the future rather than what he says he’ll do in the coming years. 

Maybe it will be different this time. I so much want him to surprise us and put winning as his main priority but, if past is prologue, we're in for disappointment. Again.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

752335212E34242F223507202A262E2B6924470 wrote: So, Hernandez doesn't pitch for 9 games or so but then pitches twice against the Dodgers.  Great results so far, particularly for a Rule 5 pick.  Perhaps the Dodgers made a mistake in failing to protect him.

Maybe it will be different this time.  I so much want him to surprise us and put winning as his main priority but, if past is prologue, we're in for disappointment.  Again.
I am just enjoying the ride for as long as the train is on the tracks
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates lead MLB with 37 SBs. Bae is tied for 2nd in MLB with 10 SBs. (Caught only once.)

The Pirates have only 1 SP (Hill) and 1 reliever (Moreta) with ERAs over 4.00.

And it's nice that they don't have a bunch of guys with BAs so low you cringe when you see their names in the lineup.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: The Pirates lead MLB with 37 SBs. Bae is tied for 2nd in MLB with 10 SBs. (Caught only once.)

And it's nice that they don't have a bunch of guys with BAs so low you cringe when you see their names in the lineup.
Do you mean to tell me that you don't miss VanMeter ? :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

734D4840534B4B406045524116240 wrote: The Pirates lead MLB with 37 SBs. Bae is tied for 2nd in MLB with 10 SBs. (Caught only once.)

Ka'ai Tom? Yu Chang? Yoshi Tsutsugo? Will Craig? Phillip Evans? JT Riddle? Anthony Alford? Jarrod Dyson? Cole Tucker? Guillermo Heredia? Dustin Fowler? John Nogowski? Hunter Owen? Ildemaro Vargas? Troy Stokes Jr.? Taylor Davis? Michael Perez? Todd Frazier 2.0? Andrew Knapp? Jose Godoy? Kevin Padlo? Zack Collins? Greg Allen?

Remember when we had hope for guys like Jason Martin? Jose Osuna? Erik Gonzalez? Gregory Polanco? Jared Oliva? Ben Gamel? Wilmer Difo? Hoy Park? Michael Chavis? Bligh Madris? Jake Marisnick?

And these were just the position players!! I wonder how many of them are still in baseball, where they're at, what organization. I'm sure we still have a couple that were hung on to, without looking it up.

It's amazing the names that have paraded through here, each one at one time giving us some hope that we just found a diamond in the rough, or gave us some competent play for a season so we didn't look too much like a AAA team, and more like a AAAA team.

Nogowski's great start. Marisnick and Gamel diving all over the place with some great catches. Chavis with some pop in the bat for a small guy. We kept commenting about guys who needed to get their chances, and all the while, they were just the top layer of the filler.

Amazing when you look at this roster compared to the last three years. And 2023 certainly would look even better with Cruz mended up 100%
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

715750454C40574149220 wrote: The Pirates lead MLB with 37 SBs. Bae is tied for 2nd in MLB with 10 SBs. (Caught only once.)

Ka'ai Tom? Yu Chang? Yoshi Tsutsugo? Will Craig? Phillip Evans?  JT Riddle? Anthony Alford? Jarrod Dyson? Cole Tucker? Guillermo Heredia? Dustin Fowler? John Nogowski? Hunter Owen? Ildemaro Vargas? Troy Stokes Jr.? Taylor Davis? Michael Perez? Todd Frazier 2.0?  Andrew Knapp? Jose Godoy? Kevin Padlo? Zack Collins? Greg Allen?

Remember when we had hope for guys like Jason Martin? Jose Osuna? Erik Gonzalez? Gregory Polanco? Jared Oliva? Ben Gamel? Wilmer Difo? Hoy Park? Michael Chavis? Bligh Madris? Jake Marisnick?

And these were just the position players!! I wonder how many of them are still in baseball, where they're at, what organization. I'm sure we still have a couple that were hung on to, without looking it up.

It's amazing the names that have paraded through here, each one at one time giving us some hope that we just found a diamond in the rough, or gave us some competent play for a season so we didn't look too much like a AAA team, and more like a AAAA team.

Nogowski's great start. Marisnick and Gamel diving all over the place with some great catches. Chavis with some pop in the bat for a small guy. We kept commenting about guys who needed to get their chances, and all the while, they were just the top layer of the filler.

Amazing when you look at this roster compared to the last three years. And 2023 certainly would look even better with Cruz mended up 100%
That's quite a cast of characters!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7B5D5A4F464A5D4B43280 wrote: The Pirates lead MLB with 37 SBs. Bae is tied for 2nd in MLB with 10 SBs. (Caught only once.)

Ka'ai Tom? Yu Chang? Yoshi Tsutsugo? Will Craig? Phillip Evans?  JT Riddle? Anthony Alford? Jarrod Dyson? Cole Tucker? Guillermo Heredia? Dustin Fowler? John Nogowski? Hunter Owen? Ildemaro Vargas? Troy Stokes Jr.? Taylor Davis? Michael Perez? Todd Frazier 2.0?  Andrew Knapp? Jose Godoy? Kevin Padlo? Zack Collins? Greg Allen?

Wow, I’ve already forgotten most of those guys.