Official Game Thread - 5/27 - Bucs @ Mariners

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

The Pirates are undefeated against the mariners when a Pirates pitcher hits Ty France in the head, so Velasquez should bean him right here
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Now a walk. VV needs a DP
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Rodriguez doubles, 4-0 Mariners
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I'm already playing the Shelton post game presser in my head:

"Yeah, Vince was rusty, but he was the victim of some soft contact that got through, which really helped with the damage. We were up against a quality pitcher who was really on his game, so we'll just wash this one off and try and take the series tomorrow"
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4th Seattle double and it's just the 2nd inning. Velasquez is leaving everything right over the plate. It's BP for the Mariners.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

082E293C35392E38305B0 wrote: I'm already playing the Shelton post game presser in my head:

"Yeah, Vince was rusty, but he was the victim of some soft contact that got through, which really helped with the damage. We were up against a quality pitcher who was really on his game, so we'll just wash this one off and try and take the series tomorrow"
"And he didn't execute his pitches."
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Okay, Vince only allows one run this inning, which is two less than the previous inning, which means he's on pace to allow negative one runs next inning
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Joe Block with a steady stream of pontificating about the nature of the Pirates. He was better last night until the later innings when he reverted to his usual filibuster form.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: Joe Block with a steady stream of pontificating about the nature of the Pirates. He was better last night until the later innings when he reverted to his usual filibuster form.
I thought they must have had a dog shock collar on him the last inning Seattle was up. Young was making a point regarding the game, and Block almost interrupted him to tell us about a guy wearing a Savannah Banana jersey, but abruptly stopped before he did.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Vinny mercifully removed. Hernandez takes over.