Stephenson Traded To Rays

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

1F323F2E29382F6F6C5D0 wrote: My first thought was how good Tampa is at identifying amateur talent and then developing those players when in their system.  To give up a high draft choice who was just picked a few years ago would indicate that he's not what they thought they were getting and/or he's not developing as he should.  I hope I'm wrong.
That's probably a fair assessment. If Tampa had high hopes for Williams they would not have traded him for Stephenson. Stephenson is a 30 year old journeyman who has spent his career alternating between MLB and the minors. This is a minor trade in which neither team is getting much.

Tampa's past and present GMs- as Pirates fans the world over should know by now- have been absolute cold-blooded thieves.

Mark my words- this first round draft pick bust that used to be theirs is a Trojan Horse.  That said, we weren't getting anything for Stephenson, anyway.

Alika Williams is simply a 1st round bust. A failed prospect TB is giving away for a marginal MLB reliever because they'd pretty much take anything for him. But Cherington sees another potential VanMeter!  :D

All that April winning's gone to his head.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

764354545F6654545F5854310 wrote: My first thought was how good Tampa is at identifying amateur talent and then developing those players when in their system.  To give up a high draft choice who was just picked a few years ago would indicate that he's not what they thought they were getting and/or he's not developing as he should.  I hope I'm wrong.
That's probably a fair assessment. If Tampa had high hopes for Williams they would not have traded him for Stephenson. Stephenson is a 30 year old journeyman who has spent his career alternating between MLB and the minors. This is a minor trade in which neither team is getting much.

Tampa's past and present GMs- as Pirates fans the world over should know by now- have been absolute cold-blooded thieves.

Mark my words- this first round draft pick bust that used to be theirs is a Trojan Horse.  That said, we weren't getting anything for Stephenson, anyway.

Alika Williams is simply a 1st round bust. A failed prospect TB is giving away for a marginal MLB reliever because they'd pretty much take anything for him. But Cherington sees another potential VanMeter!  :D

All that April winning's gone to his head.

VanMeter spoiled Cherington. BC thinks those guys grow on trees. ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

220F02131405125251600 wrote: My first thought was how good Tampa is at identifying amateur talent and then developing those players when in their system.  To give up a high draft choice who was just picked a few years ago would indicate that he's not what they thought they were getting and/or he's not developing as he should.  I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like it might be fair to compare Williams to Cole Tucker.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Cole Tucker's evil twin, Ray. Ray Tucker.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I wonder how Williams will do as an outfielder?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

406667706676050 wrote: I wonder how Williams will do as an outfielder?
And will Vanessa Hudgens dump Tucker for him?
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: I wonder how Williams will do as an outfielder?
Tucker may not have been able to hit ML pitching but he sure hit it out of the ballpark with that babe!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5E7B78786D467B737166140 wrote: I wonder how Williams will do as an outfielder?
Tucker may not have been able to hit ML pitching but he sure hit it out of the ballpark with that babe!
Chicks dig the long ball hair. ;D