Official Game Thread - 6/14 - Bucs @ Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

64424550595542545C370 wrote: Santana with a two-run bomb makes it 3-0!
Looks like Greenie coached him up!

They always produce when I'm on their ass.

Twinkle Toes went 5/5 not long ago.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

OMFG......how is that not called a strike?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Nice AB by Gomes, but that was a clear K looking that called ball 4.

Come on Bido, shake it off
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Horrible call. Clearly strike three gets called ball four. I don't like the idea of robot umps, but that's a call you cannot miss if you're an MLB umpire.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

050D0E392F0A2D224C0 wrote: Struck out the side, and one of the singles probably should have been a double play. The Swanson's single just found a hole. Wasn't hit all that hard. Castro, on the other hand, hit a rope to the third baseman to end the top of the first.
I had posted before that when Hill is on the mound, the Pirates should always have their best defense behind regardless who the opposing starter is. That should go true on a call up from AAA
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pitch count WAY up there now after that long AB by Gomes, now a second walk. Need a DP.

I don't see Bidro going more than 3-4 innings
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

012720353C30273139520 wrote: Struck out the side, and one of the singles probably should have been a double play. The Swanson's single just found a hole. Wasn't hit all that hard. Castro, on the other hand, hit a rope to the third baseman to end the top of the first.
I had posted before that when Hill is on the mound, the Pirates should always have their best defense behind regardless who the opposing starter is.  That should go true on a call up from AAA

Marcano hitting lefty can't be that much of a drop-off from Mathias. That would slide Castro over to 2B. But, Marcano did roll his ankle yesterday. A night off might not be the worst thing for him.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

what a sequence on that strike out!

Bido has some skills for sure, looks like the classic case of a guy who just never seems to put it all together.

He gets out of it, on to the third Bucs still up 3-1
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

2B2320170124030C620 wrote: Struck out the side, and one of the singles probably should have been a double play. The Swanson's single just found a hole. Wasn't hit all that hard. Castro, on the other hand, hit a rope to the third baseman to end the top of the first.
I had posted before that when Hill is on the mound, the Pirates should always have their best defense behind regardless who the opposing starter is.  That should go true on a call up from AAA

Marcano hitting lefty can't be that much of a drop-off from Mathias. That would slide Castro over to 2B. But, Marcano did roll his ankle yesterday. A night off might not be the worst thing for him.
I didn't realize he rolled his ankle. The only other option is Bae, and I like him less than Castro at short. I'd rather they have Bae at second base then. Castro and Mathias just aren't a good combo, and we've seen this act before.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

50585B6C7A5F7877190 wrote: Struck out the side, and one of the singles probably should have been a double play. The Swanson's single just found a hole. Wasn't hit all that hard. Castro, on the other hand, hit a rope to the third baseman to end the top of the first.

This makes me think though...what is the Buc's best defense. Here's mine:

3B--Hayes (duh)

SS--Marcano

2B--Castro

1B--Santana

LF--Suwinski

CF--Bae (also duh)

RF--McCutchen

C--Hedges