Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Game thread - 6/16 - Bucs @ Brewers

Post by Surgnbuck »

It almost seems insurmountable at this point
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

022423363F3324323A510 wrote: There must be something very wrong with how Hedges sets up to catch. Between that and his inability to control the running game and his inability to hit, he's become quite a liability. Too bad they don't have any catching prospects in the minors. Oh, wait.....

Nutting's paying the bum 5 million and he's going to play!
He leads the majors in pitch framing. I mean, I sit in my seat, and I am amazed at the pitch framing. Surprised there isn't a marketing campaign-"Come watch Hedges frame pitches!"

However, the pitchers rave about him. You know, those guys that just gave up 28 runs in three games, 19 by the bullpen?
Just imagine how bad the pitching would be if he wasn't an all-world pitch framer. ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Brewers score again after Hill's 5th and 6th walks and a double.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Hill goes back to the walk parade, issuing two, one of which scores on a double. He’s been throwing baseballs since the Wilson administration and he can’t throw strikes tonight.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

All the runs that have scored have been guys that reached on a walk or catcher's interference.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6 walks for Hill in 4 innings. I guess after Hedges hit that HR on Wednesday, he stopped framing pitches.
2drfischer@gmail.c

604641545D51465058330 wrote: The Bucs offense remains on hiatus through four innings.  Somebody (cough Bryan Reynolds cough) needs to start showing the way.
Well, on the bright side, they've only struck out once.

The night is still young.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Anyone else tired of these stats that seem to make sure every team has some guy who looks to be the best of all time?

Suwinski has the most "No doubters" in MLB so far this season. A no doubter is a HR that according to stat cast would be a home run in all 30 stadiums
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

And don't you just love the announcing crew glowing all gushy like about that stat?

As Suwingandamisski strikes out again, of course.

If you're going to talk about something like that, keep it under your hat until he hits one out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs flounder again in the 5th as they go down in order.