Official Game Thread - Home Opener - 4/5 - Buc vs O's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - Home Opener - 4/5 - Buc vs O's

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:12 pm Speaking of the huge number of morons that show up for the home opener:

Unless a player has showed a dogging it attitude, is a borderline criminal, has publicly stated their distaste of the city, franchise, fanbase, etc.- You DON'T boo them during the opening introductions!!!!!!!

I said I wasn't getting on the fanbase about the empty seats, only because I'm not certain it was the direct result of ticket speculators. So I'm giving them a pass there, even though as a player, I'd be pretty effing disappointed seeing how many empty seats there are.

The usher and I both felt the team showed absolutely no life. You know, anyone that has ever played a team sport knows, there's the best guy on the team, and the worst guy on the team. Great teams and great teammates always stick up for, encourage, and support the guys on the lower rungs.

Booing Bailey Falter out of the park when he hasn't pitched ONE EFFING GAME AT PNC, had to have an effect on the team.

Don't like the guy? Come to places like this board and rip him. You don't go to the game and voice it, especially when he isn't even playing!!!!!

I'm so fed up with the typical yinzer sports fan in this town. They are mostly backstabbing, whining, bandwagon jumping trolls.

Want to see your true Pirates fan? Those are the ones that show up on cold drizzly nights on a Tuesday when there are about 8,000 of them.

Rant over.
I've always looked at the Opener as I do New Year's Eve: lots of people who otherwise don't drink overserve themselves on December 31 and cause havoc for everyone else. Same with the Opener. Lots of people who don't attend a game any other time during the season show up and are mostly a pain in the ass for the fans who're there to actually watch the game.
Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - Home Opener - 4/5 - Buc vs O's

Post by Surgnbuck »

That's a great analogy Doc.