Official Game Thread - 9/5 - Bucs vs Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/5 - Bucs vs Brewers

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:28 am Probably very few of you hung around for the ninth. I tuned in when
I saw it was 7-3 on a Joe 3 run blast. How embarrassing must it have
been for Suwinski when Vinny Capra was sent to pinch it for him. Capra was then
pinch hit for when the Brewers changed pitchers. Regardless, for Suwinski, that
has to be the ultimate insult
That's what happens when you stand at the plate like a statue and watch three strikes go over the middle of the plate. That's got to be more embarrassing.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Suwinski's a real puzzle. Although his batting average was pretty bad a year ago, he hit better than 20 HRs in less than a year's worth of at bats. He needed to be in the outfield, partly because no one else emerged to challenge him, but also because he did display much needed power. I don't know if his confidence tanked or what happened to him this season but seeing him be so timid at the plate and not attacking the ball is frustrating. I hope he can change his approach by the time February comes back around because, if he can't, I wouldn't watch much more of him past the start of May. It'll be time to move on.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

What is amazing is the fact that he leads the team in Home Runs with 23
Just think what he could do without these prolonged slumps.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:11 pm What is amazing is the fact that he leads the team in Home Runs with 23
Just think what he could do without these prolonged slumps.
Just think what he could do if he swung the bat at the ball in half of those strikeouts looking!