Paul Skenes watch

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve 49

Re: Paul Skenes watch

Post by steve 49 »

I watched the outing. Horrible squeeze job by incompetent umpire and 3 rollers that found holes did him in. All 3 hits were under 90MPH.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I forgot about it. :x
Doc

Post by Doc »

I was curious about how Dylan Crews has done so far in his first action and, interestingly, it’s much like Skenes has done. Crews was sensational in Rookie Ball and Single A but, after 21 at bats over six games in Double A, he has just three hits. Double A’s a whole different animal and many, if not most, players struggle at first, if not longer, at that level.

I wouldn’t be too alarmed by Skenes’ outing over the weekend. He might even have difficulty in his next start. But my guess would be that he’ll be pretty solid going forward.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

It's always been said that Pittsburgh isn't really a sports town, it's an event town. Case in point, Skenes has been an "event" for just about every time he picked up the ball.

Last night however, it was just his next AA start, no hoopla, and he dominated.

Nary a peep from Pittsburghers.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Do you have any particulars- innings pitched, K's, Hits etc
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:09 pm Do you have any particulars- innings pitched, K's, Hits etc
They only let him pitch 2 innings. 1 hit, no walks, 3 Ks, 25 pitches (18 strikes). He faced 7 batters, so not even thru the lineup once. Baby steps.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/curve-vs-s ... /final/box
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

IT was just announced that Paul; Skenes has been shut down for the season. He is fine.
It has been concluded that with pitching at LSU all season and his brief time in the
minors, that he has had enough for 2023
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Skenes going to have the eye of all these young pitchers down below. That should be a real good thing . Solomento ,Jones, Chandler are really looking good and Skenes seems like a leader.