7/5 Game Thread Brault debut versus Leake...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Ah, was it ESPN? I was thinking of the Pirate announcers, and that blurb in every game about how they're employees of the Pirates, etc. etc.
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: Ah, was it ESPN?  I was thinking of the Pirate announcers, and that blurb in every game about how they're employees of the Pirates, etc. etc.

Yeah, it was ESPN. They didn't touch the story all telecast. Didn't announce Kang as a PHEr. Didn't talk about him during his at-bat, not even balls and strikes. It was bizarre.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6 in a row now fellas and now 9 of their last 11 games. Mets finally lose tonight so the Bucs pull within 2.5 games of the 2nd wildcard spot.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Adding Nicasio and an affective Caminero could be a big shot in the arm for the beleaguered bullpen. If Cole can come back and Liriano get back in form, they could put a decent run together in the second half.

On a side note, NH should have added to the bullpen but I think part of the reason for the loss is all the tj surgeries in the minors over the last two years. If Kingham, Compton, Taillon and a couple others had not all sat out extended time, this would be a different route rotation and bullpen. Again, NH should have bolstered the pen more than he did but the surgeries had to change the plans a bit.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Great little run here all created by bringing up some of the young guys not sure why the FO is so hesitant to bring up the young guys. Just wish we would have done it sooner wouldn't be so far behind. I fear it may be to late this year and still Cutch is struggling.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

I don't care how many times it happens, beating the Cardinals will never get old...
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6045444B5E424B44191E2A0 wrote: Ah, was it ESPN?  I was thinking of the Pirate announcers, and that blurb in every game about how they're employees of the Pirates, etc. etc.

Yeah, it was ESPN. They didn't touch the story all telecast. Didn't announce Kang as a PHEr. Didn't talk about him during his at-bat, not even balls and strikes. It was bizarre.

I had the Cards broadcast. Early in the game, they showed Kang on the bench and said he wasn't playing because of off field issues. When he batted later, they mentioned that he was batting as if it was normal.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

323B33222C560 wrote: Yeay fryer!   Kratz shouldnt see the light of day anymore

Kratz was obtained to back up Stewart. Fryer wasn't available then. Now that Stewart is also on the DL, Kratz will likely back up Fryer.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: Yeay fryer!   Kratz shouldnt see the light of day anymore

Kratz was obtained to back up Stewart. Fryer wasn't available then. Now that Stewart is also on the DL, Kratz will likely back up Fryer.

Yea I agree totally with this. Fryer can at least hit the ball some and is not an automatic out in the lineup like Kratz pretty much is. He should be starting the majority of the games until Cervelli is ready which shouldn't be too much longer.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

55726367627F40746362627F060 wrote: Yeay fryer!   Kratz shouldnt see the light of day anymore

Yea I agree totally with this. Fryer can at least hit the ball some and is not an automatic out in the lineup like Kratz pretty much is. He should be starting the majority of the games until Cervelli is ready which shouldn't be too much longer.

I can't get over the Cards punting Fryer to keep Pena.