Kang accused of sexual assault in Chicago

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

I am definitely not passing judgment on Kang based upon what has been reported because the alleged crime doesn't make much sense to me. If someone is going to use a hookup ap that requires the female to initiate communication and the female comes up to my hotel room, why do I need to immediately drug her? Even if someone is a predator that is prepared to use these means, there is absolutely nothing reported so far that would make a guy think he would need to resort to this tactic. It just isn't really believable to me on the facts reported.

As for defending oneself, I think that's trickier here unfortunately. In a credibility battle, it's a definite disadvantage to be a foreigner with limited English. I can't imagine going through a trial in a foreign land unable to effectively testify. It would be easy to decide to just walk away if you could.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

66435045595259585D55310 wrote: I am definitely not passing judgment on Kang based upon what has been reported because the alleged crime doesn't make much sense to me.  If someone is going to use a hookup ap that requires the female to initiate communication and the female comes up to my hotel room, why do I need to immediately drug her?  Even if someone is a predator that is prepared to use these means, there is absolutely nothing reported so far that would make a guy think he would need to resort to this tactic.  It just isn't really believable to me on the facts reported.

I thought the same thing. Unless there's more to the story than we know, this just doesn't add up.
PMike

Post by PMike »

103526332F242F2E2B23470 wrote:

As for defending oneself, I think that's trickier here unfortunately. In a credibility battle, it's a definite disadvantage to be a foreigner with limited English.  I can't imagine going through a trial in a foreign land unable to effectively testify. It would be easy to decide to just walk away if you could.

Translators would get things right. However, your point is good. I can't imagine something like this going to a courtroom. This has settlement written all over it.
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: I am definitely not passing judgment on Kang based upon what has been reported because the alleged crime doesn't make much sense to me.  If someone is going to use a hookup ap that requires the female to initiate communication and the female comes up to my hotel room, why do I need to immediately drug her?  Even if someone is a predator that is prepared to use these means, there is absolutely nothing reported so far that would make a guy think he would need to resort to this tactic.  It just isn't really believable to me on the facts reported.

I thought the same thing. Unless there's more to the story than we know, this just doesn't add up.

When does sexual assault ever "add up?" Did it for Darren Sharper? Or Bill Cosby? The Stanford kid?
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

293721342328400 wrote: I am really beginning to despise professional sports. I seriously can totally live without these guys.

Not really anything new.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

48434B474243581D1B6C554D444343024F432C0 wrote: No way, I would fight her if I was accused and innocent.  He has enough money to put her away for doing that to him.

I am not saying innocent or guilty, but she better be tellign the truth for her to say anything.  I think that is worse than the actual act at times.  When they want paid, I would never pay them if innocent.

Accusing someone of rape to get money is worse than rape?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1A3F3E312438313E6364500 wrote:

When does sexual assault ever "add up?"

When I woman agrees to meet a man from out of town whom she's never met before in his hotel room at 10 pm.
PirateGold

Post by PirateGold »

010C0D3A2C2C20292E214F0 wrote:

I am not saying innocent or guilty, but she better be tellign the truth for her to say anything.  I think that is worse than the actual act at times.  When they want paid, I would never pay them if innocent.

Agree with NCBuccofan on this. I'm seeing a lot stances that are anti-women and victim blaming in this thread.

To be clear, there is no time, there is no circumstance in which a false accusation of rape is worse than an actual rape. None.

Some people need to think twice before they hit 'post message' in this thread.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

6045444B5E424B44191E2A0 wrote: I am definitely not passing judgment on Kang based upon what has been reported because the alleged crime doesn't make much sense to me.  If someone is going to use a hookup ap that requires the female to initiate communication and the female comes up to my hotel room, why do I need to immediately drug her?  Even if someone is a predator that is prepared to use these means, there is absolutely nothing reported so far that would make a guy think he would need to resort to this tactic.  It just isn't really believable to me on the facts reported.

When does sexual assault ever "add up?" Did it for Darren Sharper? Or Bill Cosby? The Stanford kid?

There's a difference between making sense of sexual assault and making sense of the allegation. My point is that, if I am on Bumble and a woman engages me and comes up to my hotel room, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm getting some action. I'm not reaching for my medical bag while she's on the elevator up to my room. Now, I guess there could be some evidence from other sources that show this as a non-isolated encounter like Sharper or Cosby but, right now, I'm going with the theory that he just wanted to score. The facts as reported indicated that was going to happen even if she stayed conscious. Therefore, I'm skeptical of her story.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

1E273C2F3A2B0921222A4E0 wrote:

Agree with NCBuccofan on this. I'm seeing a lot stances that are anti-women and victim blaming in this thread.

To be clear, there is no time, there is no circumstance in which a false accusation of rape is worse than an actual rape. None.

Some people need to think twice before they hit 'post message' in this thread.

Obviously i agree an accusation against an innocent person isn't anywhere near as heinous as an actual act. Never.

However, there is no victim yet. Theres an allegation . for all we know they played piano and talked about the weather. Assuming she was Korean or could speak Korean. Otherwise, they talked about nothing.

Maybe they never even met and the entire thing is made up?

It's also possible that Kang carried rufies around with him on road trips and/or used his extensive English and street contacts to land some rufies or GHB in Chicago while he was there playing. Its possible that a millionaire baseball player has trouble getting laid to the point that he needs to drug a woman.

It's possible Erik Kratz will bat .300.