8/12 Game Thread...Nova versus Dodgers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I thought Nova was very solid tonight. He gave up a bunch of hits and got hit hard, but he got a lot of outs when he needed too, threw a ton of strikes, and as I pointed out earlier he has yet to walk a single batter in his two starts with the Pirates in almost 13 innings pitched. Hard to say if Liriano would have pitched as well as Nova did tonight and last week against the Reds. He has been a huge upgrade from Liriano so far.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Mercer adds on some insurance with a solo homer. Boy has Jordy had a nice season. We don't hear any talk what so ever anymore of replacing Mercer and taking him out of the lineup. He has done a great job this season with both the bat and the glove.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Huge win tonight. The Bucs now a 1/2 game behind the Cards, and 1 full game behind the Marlins for the 2nd wildcard. The Mets continue to implode as well as the Bucs are now 2 full games ahead of them. Got Cole pitching tomorrow need him to come up with a big effort in another big big game for the Bucs.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The numbers may be a bit deceiving because it looks like he was hit hard last night, but the bottom line is this: In two starts with the Pirates, Nova is 2-0 with a 2.92 ERA and 7 Ks and 0 walks.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

30170602071A25110607071A630 wrote: Mercer adds on some insurance with a solo homer. Boy has Jordy had a nice season. We don't hear any talk what so ever anymore of replacing Mercer and taking him out of the lineup. He has done a great job this season with both the bat and the glove.

Replace Mercer with who?

I expect Mercer to get a three year deal this off season. He has had a solid year at the plate and in the field.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

050E060A0F0E155056211800090E0E4F020E610 wrote: Mercer adds on some insurance with a solo homer. Boy has Jordy had a nice season. We don't hear any talk what so ever anymore of replacing Mercer and taking him out of the lineup. He has done a great job this season with both the bat and the glove.

Replace Mercer with who?

I expect Mercer to get a three year deal this off season. He has had a solid year at the plate and in the field. A lot of us myself included wanted Kang to start at short and for Freese to play 3rd and for Mercer to sit on the bench. Obviously things have changed.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4062716C6F6A6D62417660606C030 wrote: The numbers may be a bit deceiving because it looks like he was hit hard last night, but the bottom line is this: In two starts with the Pirates, Nova is 2-0 with a 2.92 ERA and 7 Ks and 0 walks. I was saying this last night that Nova gets hit hard at times but he has gotten guys out and thrown a ton of strikes so far and has not walked a single batter yet in both his starts. I doubt if Liriano was still here the Pirates win both of the games Nova pitched in as bad as he looked at times.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Let me add one more thing that I believe the Dodgers are extremely overrated. I think whoever faces them in the wildcard game even if Kershaw pitches will beat them.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5B7C6D696C714E7A6D6C6C71080 wrote: Mercer adds on some insurance with a solo homer. Boy has Jordy had a nice season. We don't hear any talk what so ever anymore of replacing Mercer and taking him out of the lineup. He has done a great job this season with both the bat and the glove.

Replace Mercer with who?

I expect Mercer to get a three year deal this off season. He has had a solid year at the plate and in the field. A lot of us myself included wanted Kang to start at short and for Freese to play 3rd and for Mercer to sit on the bench. Obviously things have changed.

I don't remember that discussion. Kang hasn't played SS all year and no way people thought Freese would be this good.