Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Part 3 - The Pirates Hanging by a Tread, thread

Post by Bobster21 »

Didn't take Locke long. >:(
BenM

Post by BenM »

Well, this game definitely represents the end of summer and the beginning of football season.

Pitt Penn State, Steeler opener, here I come!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

PNC erupts into boos as Marte allows Wainwright's soft liner to drop in front of him, scoring another run.

Just awful baseball by the Pirates and the fans are not fooled. Season officially over with an embarrassing effort on ESPN. And IT'S ONLY THE 4th!

8-2
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

212630383621666A13343E323A3F7D303C3E530 wrote: PNC erupts into boos as Marte allows Wainwright's soft liner to drop in front of him, scoring another run.   

Just awful baseball by the Pirates and the fans are not fooled. Season officially over with an embarrassing effort on ESPN. And IT'S ONLY THE 4th!

8-2 
It's beginning to look like assembling a starting rotation on the cheap and waiting for Glasnow and Taillon to bail out the team at mid-season was not the best plan.
rucker59@gmail.com

5B7C7754190 wrote: Well, this game definitely represents the end of summer and the beginning of football season.

Yep. My son and I are sitting in PNC planning the Steeler and Pen's season. A sad thing. 

Piscotty hits a HR on Locke in the 3rd.  Locke hits Piscotty in the 5th. Can't get 'em out so lets him 'em.
rucker59@gmail.com

6C6B7D757B6C2B275E79737F7772307D71731E0 wrote: Well, this game definitely represents the end of summer and the beginning of football season.

Yep. My son and I are sitting in PNC planning the Steeler and Pen's season. A sad thing. 

Piscotty hits a HR on Locke in the 3rd.  Locke hits Piscotty in the 5th. Can't get 'em out so lets him 'em.

And Adams send one into the batters eye scoring Piscotty. I congratulate Adams for sticking it in Locke's and the Pirate's eye.

10-2
rucker59@gmail.com

163B36272031266665540 wrote: PNC erupts into boos as Marte allows Wainwright's soft liner to drop in front of him, scoring another run.   

8-2 
It's beginning to look like assembling a starting rotation on the cheap and waiting for Glasnow and Taillon to bail out the team at mid-season was not the best plan.

Nope, not a sound plan at all. This team is being humiliated. And the worst part of it is, for me, a lot of young talented players are being exposed to a leaderless less-than-full-effort clubhouse.

Over all though, the Pirates are getting their money's worth....here it is Neal, Frank and Bob.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Weird moves. Jaso gets the start because he has been hitting. Bell pinch hits, Jaso removed. Kuhl was struggling, but if Locke was the replacement is that a good move?

Down 8 runs. Could be under .500. Ugh!
BenM

Post by BenM »

So, tomorrow is the "must win" (this time we really mean it) game?
mouse

Post by mouse »

VaPirate, I hope that was you and your son in right field when Frazier hit his home run. That would make sitting at the game worthwhile.

To me the problem has been the lethargy of the team, not the preseason pitcher roulette. They don't play defense, they look horrible running the bases, and they have no idea what situational hitting is all about. Maybe that is all a result of the offseason pitching moves, but it seems a deeper issue to me.