21 Games Remain

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

21 Games Remain

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I didn't say Hurdle deserves to be fired I definitely don't think you make that move yet at all. But the bottom line is if Hurdle has another bad season next year like this one where you start seeing the same baserunning mistakes, mental lapses, and just a complete lack of focus more times then not then yes I think I would definitely start considering looking in another direction as far as a manager and coaching staff on this team are concerned. But we aren't at that point yet and let's hope we don't have to get to that point. But it's still something that should and needs to be monitored and can't just be overlooked.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

21 Games Remain

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

032435313429162235343429500 wrote: I didn't say Hurdle deserves to be fired I definitely don't think you make that move yet at all. But the bottom line is if Hurdle has another bad season next year like this one where you start seeing the same baserunning mistakes, mental lapses, and just a complete lack of focus more times then not then yes I think I would definitely start considering looking in another direction as far as a manager and coaching staff on this team are concerned. But we aren't at that point yet and let's hope we don't have to get to that point. But it's still something that should  and needs to be monitored and can't just be overlooked.

Sorry, you did not say to fire Hurdle.

I am sure others are thinking it. I do think his job is safe for a few years. It is hard to deny what has happened in his tenure here. This is might be Hurdle's last manager stint. He just looks like he is in so much pain climbing those steps even with his new hip.
mouse

21 Games Remain

Post by mouse »

I'm curious to see what happens with the base coaches over the off-season. At the end of last year I thought they would let Sofield go, but then I heard a team interviewed him for a manager position. I decided I must be mistaken in my thought he was out of sync at third. I'm now back to my thoughts from last year. I really think Hurdle protects him during the season. Again, I only see a small fraction of the decisions he makes and could just be over-reacting to what I perceive as bad calls.
UtahPirate

21 Games Remain

Post by UtahPirate »

I think you'll see some shakeup with the coaches -- maybe Branson and Livesey will be replaced. Our hitting was so inconsistent with several players suffering really long slumps. A move to new hitting coaches wouldn't surprise me.

Does Leyva retire? He is mid-60's and maybe he's started thinking about it. I'm sure a full MLB season is getting pretty hard on him. It wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

Scofield seems to be a favorite target on the board, but in a coaching staff that is really quite old, he is the one guy with a little more youthful enthusiasm that the rest. Besides his 3rd base duties, he is also in charge of baserunning, which was abysmal this year. So maybe ...