Who will be N.Huntington's Reclamation Project thisoffseason

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

2D2F353325400 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

He also needed to stay at AAA until September for us to get him for 3 years before FA.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6647525B635A41524756330 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

He also needed to stay at AAA until September for us to get him for 3 years before FA.

Right, the real reason. Smart move.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

Right, the real reason.  Smart move.

Yeah, it wasn't because he was getting thrashed by AAA hitters. Sure they held him down because he's already in arb.

If he weren't part of the Liriano deal, we would non-tender a pitcher like that. We're about to. His name is Jeff Locke
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5C555D4C42380 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

Right, the real reason.  Smart move.

Yeah, it wasn't because he was getting thrashed by AAA hitters.  Sure they held him down because he's already in arb. 

If he weren't part of the Liriano deal, we would non-tender a pitcher like that.   We're about to.  His name is Jeff Locke

yeah, it is only a smart move if he pitches lot better than he ever has before. It was a smart move like getting Neise with options.

The Bucs are going to let Locke go even though they still have years of control left. If Hutchison doesn't do better than Locke this year then he will be gone after the season.

It would be great for team if Hutchison turns into a good starter but the odds are a lot less than 50-50 of that happening.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Not really a reclamation project because of injury (I guess he could be one though), but does anyone think NH will take a flier on Greg Holland? Watson looked a bit shaky as a closer and might be better suited for 8th inning stuff. Holland might be looking for a short term deal to re-establish himself. I can think of better uses of $$$, like for the rotation or finding a true 1Bman, but wouldn't surprise me.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6647525B635A41524756330 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

Sorry, don't buy that.  Drew Hutchinson isn't worth worrying about the FA thing at this juncture.  The fact is, if he were the pitcher NH talked about, he would have been up sooner because at the time, we were still in the wild card race and our rotation was awful.  The fact he was sent down should tell you all you need to know.  He wasn't good enough to pitch in our questionable rotation.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Greg Holland might be a player the Bucs could pursue. I think both sides might want just a one year deal due to the risk on the Bucs part, and Hollands hope to rebound to his former form. Could be an interesting match.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

45555463757579160 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

Sorry, don't buy that.  Drew Hutchinson isn't worth worrying about the FA thing at this juncture.  The fact is, if he were the pitcher NH talked about, he would have been up sooner because at the time, we were still in the wild card race and our rotation was awful.  The fact he was sent down should tell you all you need to know.  He wasn't good enough to pitch in our questionable rotation.
I think it was a no-win situation for Hutchison, much as you described. If he was worth holding onto, he would be kept off the roster until September for FA purposes. If he wasn't, he would be kept in AAA until September to try to improve. I'm sure NH hopes for the best, but there was no reason to bring him up any sooner. IMHO, Hutchison won't amount to anything. I hope I'm wrong.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: I think they looked at 2017 for Hutchison. They said they wanted to work him. Apparently it takes time for Searage to sprinkle pixie dust, but they think the job will be done (or at least well enough along to use Hutchison) next year.

I think it was a no-win situation for Hutchison, much as you described. If he was worth holding onto, he would be kept off the roster until September for FA purposes. If he wasn't, he would be kept in AAA until September to try to improve. I'm sure NH hopes for the best, but there was no reason to bring him up any sooner. IMHO, Hutchison won't amount to anything. I hope I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he proves me wrong as well. Stranger things have happened. See Happ.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

FJK, I would love to see Bucs sign Greg Holland. when healthy he was a tough one in the Royals Bullpen! Thanks for the suggestion, thought. As I am tired of hearing about the Cubbies!

Beat'em Bucs :(