RichD - The New Pirates GM

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Post by RichD »

You guys suck !

My trade fantasies have been realistic.

Things i would like to do , if i was the GM.

It`s fun to do, but you want to mock me . Fine !

I have been reading this forum for at least 10 years.

Last year when i was SteelBucFan at the other site. I proposed a trade of Marte to Cleveland for Santana, Clevenger  and some other  prospects.

Most here cried No way you cant do that .....

Well Santana would of looked real nice as the Bucs 1B this year. And Clevenger took his lumps as young pitchers do.  Sure would be nice to have Santana and Clevenger for next year.

:P

RichD

Post by RichD »

Most of you think Marte is the second coming.

Well he really is .

Of Jayson Heyward.

:D

Quail

Post by Quail »

Sorry if you thought I was mocking you. I wasn't. I like your suggestions. I don't necessarily agree with all of the moves you've suggested but I found them interesting and worth considering.

Now your claim that your trade fantasies have been realistic I think is true. However I think your suggestion of a Nova signing at $60M is very unrealistic if you expect the team that is inking that deal to be the Pirates.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

586369624E0A0 wrote: You guys suck !

My trade fantasies have been realistic.

Things i would like to do , if i was the GM.

It`s fun to do, but you want to mock me . Fine !

I have been reading this forum for at least 10 years.

Last year when i was SteelBucFan at the other site. I proposed a trade of Marte to Cleveland for Santana, Clevenger  and some other  prospects.

Most here cried No way you cant do that .....

Well Santana would of looked real nice as the Bucs 1B this year. And Clevenger took his lumps as young pitchers do.  Sure would be nice to have Santana and Clevenger for next year.

:P

Didn't like it then. don't like it now.

If Marte were to get traded, we could get more than that package.

RichD

Post by RichD »

Thanks Quail

MLB rumors has Nova 4/$52 to the Halos.

We could do that ....That $13 mill per .....Very realistic...Pirates front office needs to jump on that .Why the hell would Nova want to go back to AL if we could match?? Give him an opt out clause after 2 years .

RichD

Post by RichD »

Well  Rin -tin -tin.

Make a move . As a GM...Your a buy and hold kinda guy ?

What you have ....Wheres your thread ?

Lets have some fun but be realistic...

Hell its pretty crazy that we are at a website for a baseball team.

And its even crazier that we watch all these games and keep up with stats etc.etc ...

Trump doesn`t do that .

He worries about stats from his businesses.

Making money ....Pirates never make me money...Why do i bother?

RichD

Post by RichD »

Cutch ...We need to keep ...Been thinking about that .

Cutch will bounceback and we can trade him at the deadline.

Unless someone else believes he will bounce ...Then we take them for all they have .

Cutch is going to bounce....Just wait and see.
PMike

Post by PMike »

I did not like the idea of trading Marte for any Cleveland pitchers last year. I am very much in favor of it for this year. I think it makes complete sense for both teams.

Cleveland almost won the WS without Carrasco and Salazar. One of them made the difference. They proved they don't need both. In addition, their OFers were a disaster. Marte would have looked great for them in CF and may have saved them a game just on his defense.

The Pirates obviously have need in the rotation. Salazar would look awesome behind Cole and Taillon. Then Kuhl and Glasnow to round it out. In the OF, they should slide Bell to RF and Polanco to LF until Meadows comes up. Then Bell goes back to 1B. Freese and Jaso can play first until Meadows comes up.

It works perfectly for both teams.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4C777D765A1E0 wrote: Cutch ...We need to keep ...Been thinking about that .

Cutch will bounceback and we can trade him at the deadline.

Unless someone else believes he will bounce ...Then we take them for all they have .

Cutch is going to bounce....Just wait and see.
I agree. Before last year he would have been their most valuable trading chip. Why trade him now at the point when he would bring the least return? They need to see how he does next year. If he gets no better, they can still trade him at mid-season for about as much as they'd get now. If he's having a great year, they either hold onto him or trade him at mid-season for a whole lot more.