Extend McCutchen!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Extend McCutchen!

Post by JollyRoger »

I don't think a 4 year 80M dollar deal would get it done. I think Cutch would get offers in upwards of 200M for 8 years on the open market.
rucker59@gmail.com

Extend McCutchen!

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pira ... 1612100168

A once in a life time opportunity. How I wish the Pirates would make it so....
DemDog

Extend McCutchen!

Post by DemDog »

7374626A6473343841666C60686D2F626E6C010 wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pira ... 1612100168

A once in a life time opportunity.  How I wish the Pirates would make it so....

Thanks for the link it is a very informing story. Shows the character of Cutch. Guy could have either gone ballistic and say he wants nothing to do with the Bucs after his contract is up or could have really whitewashed his feeling for PR purposes. Instead he tells us how he really feels about the rumors. And he also shows his love for the Bucs. I liked where he said all this, at Pirate Fan Fest. He could have just as easily blew that off. I am indeed impressed with Cutch. I do hope they can extend him and that if asked he will move to a corner OF position for the sake of the team.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Cutch is gonna have a monster season in 2017.
notes34

Extend McCutchen!

Post by notes34 »

I agree. I've heard different reasons for his subpar 2016, and I really believe the thumb was an issue. He may not be the MVP caliber player he was but I still think 22 comes back strong. I've looked at various sites and most projections show a strong season ahead.
Bobster21

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Bobster21 »

45445F4E58181F2B0 wrote: I agree. I've heard different reasons for his subpar 2016, and I really believe the thumb was an issue. He may not be the MVP caliber player he was but I still think 22 comes back strong. I've looked at various sites and most projections show a strong season ahead.

I agree with you. But I think all that will do is make him more tradeable at mid-season. IMHO, we are looking at one good half season from Cutch before he's gone.
rucker59@gmail.com

Extend McCutchen!

466B66777061763635040 wrote: I agree. I've heard different reasons for his subpar 2016, and I really believe the thumb was an issue. He may not be the MVP caliber player he was but I still think 22 comes back strong. I've looked at various sites and most projections show a strong season ahead.

I agree with you. But I think all that will do is make him more tradeable at mid-season. IMHO, we are looking at one good half season from Cutch before he's gone.

There's nothing that says "we're all in" quite like trading a valuable player with a "big contract" at the summer deadline. CFer, closer.... Everybody does it....
Ecbucs

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Ecbucs »

3730262E2037707C052228242C296B262A28450 wrote: I agree. I've heard different reasons for his subpar 2016, and I really believe the thumb was an issue. He may not be the MVP caliber player he was but I still think 22 comes back strong. I've looked at various sites and most projections show a strong season ahead.

There's nothing that says "we're all in" quite like trading a valuable player with a "big contract" at the summer deadline.  CFer, closer.... Everybody does it....

I would put the Liriano trade in that category too. that deal did nothing for 2016, it was like at the trade deadline the Pirates told the team wait until next year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Extend McCutchen!

5A7C7D6A7C6C1F0 wrote: I agree. I've heard different reasons for his subpar 2016, and I really believe the thumb was an issue. He may not be the MVP caliber player he was but I still think 22 comes back strong. I've looked at various sites and most projections show a strong season ahead.

There's nothing that says "we're all in" quite like trading a valuable player with a "big contract" at the summer deadline.  CFer, closer.... Everybody does it....

I would put the Liriano trade in that category too.  that deal did nothing for 2016, it was like at the trade deadline the Pirates told the team wait until next year.

And I'd have no problem with that IF the Pirates were clearly in the middle of building a contending team for 2017.
Speedloader88

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Speedloader88 »

Relating to the trades made of Melancon and Lariano. I didn't mind those trades. The substance of the Lariano trade was horrible, but I didn't mind the idea of moving him generally even though we were only a few games out. Last years team never seemed to have traction. They were a win a game lose a game type team. I don't remember any extended winning streaks that told me they were one piece away. I did not believe by July that we were a playoff team. I'd guess I wasn't the only one.
Roberto218

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Roberto218 »

Four years and $80 million extension with a no trade clause could get it done. If it doesn't, then that is Cutch's gamble, and at least we made the effort. Remember, Cutch is signed for the next two years (second year option) at $14 and $14.5 million.