Kang to miss the start of spring training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

I think I remember reading .04 is BAC limit in S. Korea.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

656D6E594F6A4D422C0 wrote: You know, you'd think for the amount that Kang earns in salary, he'd be able to afford an Uber.

Also, and please don't take this comment the wrong way, he was only at .084.  Now, I'm not saying that's acceptable.  Over the legal limit is over the legal limit.  But, it wasn't all that long ago that .10 was the legal limit in many states.  I'm not sure what the legal limit in Korea is, but it's not like he was absolutely plastered.  Again though, still unacceptable.  Hopefully, he learns his lesson.  But, three times...there is definitely a pattern here.

Well if he wasn't plastered, at the very least he really really sucks at driving. We've all seen the video.
BenM

Post by BenM »

55676B6B7F4D6E676A6F6067060 wrote: You know, you'd think for the amount that Kang earns in salary, he'd be able to afford an Uber.

Also, and please don't take this comment the wrong way, he was only at .084.  Now, I'm not saying that's acceptable.  Over the legal limit is over the legal limit.  But, it wasn't all that long ago that .10 was the legal limit in many states.  I'm not sure what the legal limit in Korea is, but it's not like he was absolutely plastered.  Again though, still unacceptable.  Hopefully, he learns his lesson.  But, three times...there is definitely a pattern here.

Well if he wasn't plastered, at the very least he really really sucks at driving.  We've all seen the video. 

And for those who haven't seen it

If it weren't for the barrier, he could have killed people.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Yeah, I did see it. Maybe I just have no idea what .084 is. Honestly, if that's .084, we need to lower the legal limit in this country. And, as you say, that's more than TWICE the legal limit in Korea.

Fortunately, I've never personally been affected by a drunk driver. But, a friend of mine lost his wife to a drunk who ran a stop sign at 65 mph (in a 25 mph zone) less than six weeks after their wedding. Don't drink and drive. It isn't worth it.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

He was driving pretty fast. Very scary. Luckily, that barrier was there. I am not worried about myself driving drunk because I don't do it, but others do and make the roads scary. I rarely stay out until 2 am for that reason. Well, I am old too...
BenM

Post by BenM »

Bob Pompeani just interviewed an immigration lawyer about Kang's situation. The lawyer believes that he will get a visa because of his celebrity status. (It would be different for an average Korean.) However it could take some time (weeks) for the State Department to go through the process after the trial.

He also said that Kang will probably not be able to hold a driver's license in the States.
PMike

Post by PMike »

17303B18550 wrote: Bob Pompeani just interviewed an immigration lawyer about Kang's situation. The lawyer believes that he will get a visa because of his celebrity status. (It would be different for an average Korean.) However it could take some time (weeks) for the State Department to go through the process after the trial.

He also said that Kang will probably not be able to hold a driver's license in the States.

That's a relief!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

031E3A3836530 wrote: Bob Pompeani just interviewed an immigration lawyer about Kang's situation. The lawyer believes that he will get a visa because of his celebrity status. (It would be different for an average Korean.) However it could take some time (weeks) for the State Department to go through the process after the trial.

That's a relief!

;) ;) ;)
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

20070C2F620 wrote: Bob Pompeani just interviewed an immigration lawyer about Kang's situation. The lawyer believes that he will get a visa because of his celebrity status. (It would be different for an average Korean.) However it could take some time (weeks) for the State Department to go through the process after the trial.

Frankly, I was thinking this, but didn't want to say it for fear of sounding ridiculous. But, it's a reality...there is a different set of rules for celebrities than there are for average Joes. That goes for entertainers, athletes, politicians, whomever.
BenM

Post by BenM »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: Bob Pompeani just interviewed an immigration lawyer about Kang's situation. The lawyer believes that he will get a visa because of his celebrity status. (It would be different for an average Korean.) However it could take some time (weeks) for the State Department to go through the process after the trial.

That's a relief!

;) ;) ;)

I'm guessing he might get really acquainted with those self driving Ubers this year.