Felipe Rivero hires Scott Boras

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4A6B7E774F766D7E6B7A1F0 wrote: Rivero isn't going anywhere. Boras doesn't affect his arbitration #'s. He'll be our closer for the next couple of years till he gets in the $8 to $10 arbitration range. Then, like Melancon (and some others before him) you can talk trade.

Watson will stay in the closer role until the deadline. I think he has more value than many think. There are some awful bullpens with some current contenders: MN, AZ, CO, TX and others that could use the right piece.

A question that is not being raised is what do you do with Juan Nicasio? His contract is up after this year. His trade value would surpass Watson's by quite a ways. He's also a guy that might sign to a two-year extension in the $10 to $11 million dollar range. He's making $3.6 this ar and I think he really adds stability to our pen.
who cares the guy is absolutely fantastic, don't even think of trading him.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

445C5E59594E5F58454452370 wrote: Rivero isn't going anywhere. Boras doesn't affect his arbitration #'s. He'll be our closer for the next couple of years till he gets in the $8 to $10 arbitration range. Then, like Melancon (and some others before him) you can talk trade.

Watson will stay in the closer role until the deadline. I think he has more value than many think. There are some awful bullpens with some current contenders: MN, AZ, CO, TX and others that could use the right piece.

A question that is not being raised is what do you do with Juan Nicasio? His contract is up after this year. His trade value would surpass Watson's by quite a ways. He's also a guy that might sign to a two-year extension in the $10 to $11 million dollar range. He's making $3.6 this ar and I think he really adds stability to our pen.
who cares the guy is absolutely fantastic, don't even think of trading him.

I'm in favor of extending him. I really like what he does as a core piece in our bullpen. But if we don't extend him, we are not the kind of team that can watch valuable players become FA's the following year without getting something out of them.

Nicasio has a lot of value. He is easily worth a contract of $5 and $7 for the next two years. Love to see that happen.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

if we're going to sell, NH should be selling the bullpen. It's the only thing he's proven to be good at building from scratch. Rivero, Nicasio both should bring nice returns.

If we're going to sell, why the heck we would keep pen pitchers when that's the only thing he knows how to consistently build? Senseless to me