Pitt Basketball

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

625C5951425A5A517154435007350 wrote: Neither team did much to endorse the other when you get right down to it.

This is what happens when money is the only thing that matters.  And, money is all that mattered.

Pitt loses to UMBC ( which stands for University of Maryland Baltimore County) 87-77 to drop to 2-4

I looks like they will be renaming the Peterson Events Center to be the Peterson Poophouse Events Center. ;D ;D ;D ;D
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's still Cardiac Hill, where a very fine basketball program went into arrest upon entering the ACC, and they're going to have to work hard to bring it back to life.

Good for volleyball, though.

Football, too, of course, but it's no longer played up there.

Soccer's doing well, too.

These things tend to go in cycles. As with most other teams, everywhere- we don't know how long the cycles last.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4B7E6969625B69696265690C0 wrote: It's still Cardiac Hill, where a very fine basketball program went into arrest upon entering the ACC, and they're going to have to work hard to bring it back to life.

These things tend to go in cycles.  As with most other teams, everywhere- we don't know how long the cycles last. 
Speaking of Cardiac hill, I think Pitt missed the boat when Pitt Stadium was torn down. When they built the Peterson Events Center they should have modled it after the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. 35- 40,000 is all you need for Pitt Football. It would be on Campus and the atmosphere would be much better. Those of you who have been Heinz Field for a Pitt Game have seen the empty seats and the array of yellow school buses which have to bus the students there.
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote: It's still Cardiac Hill, where a very fine basketball program went into arrest upon entering the ACC, and they're going to have to work hard to bring it back to life.

These things tend to go in cycles.  As with most other teams, everywhere- we don't know how long the cycles last. 
Speaking of Cardiac hill, I think Pitt missed the boat when Pitt Stadium was torn down. When they built the Peterson Events Center they should have modled it after the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. 35- 40,000 is all you need for Pitt Football. It would be on Campus and the atmosphere would be much better. Those of you who have been Heinz Field for a Pitt Game have seen the empty seats and the array of yellow school buses which have to bus the students there.

One thing I miss about Pitt Stadium is the walk up Cardiac Hill. My dad and I had season tix a lot of those years and we were on the visitor's side like 10 rows down from the top of the stadium. I not only walked up Cardiac Hill but I also walked up the ramps to the top of the stadium. I also loved to watch the "Golden Girls", not the tv characters but the Pitt majorettes do their fancy prancing during halftime. Oh, those were the days for Pitt football.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

A list of things I miss about that dump:

2.  The mid- to late 1970s.

1.  Spending time with Big Weenie during the late 1960s to late 1970s.

3.  The 1980s.

As for the rest, it's the collegiate equivalent of "BOB is cheap."

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

17363E173C34530 wrote: It's still Cardiac Hill, where a very fine basketball program went into arrest upon entering the ACC, and they're going to have to work hard to bring it back to life.

One thing I miss about Pitt Stadium is the walk up Cardiac Hill.  My dad and I had season tix a lot of those years and we were on the visitor's side like 10 rows down from the top of the stadium.  I not only walked up Cardiac Hill but I also walked up the ramps to the top of the stadium.  I also loved to watch the "Golden Girls", not the tv characters but the Pitt majorettes do their fancy prancing during halftime.  Oh, those were the days for Pitt football.
Very similar to my childhood days.Going to the games with pop and having season tickets. The Golden girl"s did catch my interest- Don't tell Carol :D Do you guys agree about my idea of playing Football and basketball at a dome on top pf the hill where the Events center is located. Unfortunately, UPMC gobbled up all the land
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

Of course not, and neither did the university, that probably spent millions to explore every option and determined the feasibility.

I would think that there are circumstances in a place like Syracuse, NY that are far different from the urban environment of a Pittsburgh, PA. 

As for college kids going to games, the distance from Oakland to Heinz Field is nothing to compare to some of the colleges in other parts of the country.  What is it?  Not even ten miles?

College kids have little trouble getting anywhere they want.  Given how shitty the teams have been over some long stretches, it doesn't surprise me that some just didn't want to go when they have other options. 
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

No comment re Basketball per se. Something finally caught my eye. It it me, or are there two Pitt Basketball threads? Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Just thought I'd ask.

The sarcast that I am, I wonder why there's even one. ;)
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

5164737378417373787F73160 wrote: No comment re Basketball per se.  Something finally caught my eye.  It it me, or are there two Pitt Basketball threads?  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  Just thought I'd ask.

The sarcast that I am, I wonder why there's even one.  ;) 

If all you can go is be sarcastic then you are respectfully invited to post no more in this thread. You will not be greatly missed.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

14353D143F37500 wrote: No comment re Basketball per se.  Something finally caught my eye.  It it me, or are there two Pitt Basketball threads?  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  Just thought I'd ask.

The sarcast that I am, I wonder why there's even one.  ;) 

If all you can go is be sarcastic then you are respectfully invited to post no more in this thread.  You will not be greatly missed.

Pitt loses 54-53 to Minnesota in the ACC -Big Ten Challenge. Pitt led most of the way but couldn't hang on.They are now 2-5