6/25/17-Putting the Cards in the Rear-View Mirror

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

133C2B2A3C20323A590 wrote: So he has issues, and might even need to go down to AAA for a bit, but where did Kuhl's stuff come from? I remember him projecting as someone who threw in the low 90's, am I mis-remembering that?

He's got decent stuff but a 5.37 ERA. He is young and a Blue Hen so I think he's got some time to figure it out.

I actually thought he was a better pitcher when he was throwing 93-94 mph. He had much better control and hit his spots better. I'm very concerned he will ruin his arm throwing this hard.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

4F485E56584F08047D5A505C5451135E52503D0 wrote: I am SO SICK of this @$&(@ bullpen.

I can't stand to lose another game because of these bums.

Can't blame the guys in the 'pen. They're just doing what they're capable of.

Someone is responsible for putting this group of pitchers together and calling it a major league bullpen.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Looking forward to seeing what they do to change the roster with a day off tomorrow. They need to tinker -- Brault into the rotation? Kuhl into a relievers role? They have to do something with Bastardo as his rehab time is over. What will that be? Something will happen and I sure hope they find a way to help this bullpen.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

So let's see, applying advanced calculus...

2 hits +

2 walks +

1 wild pitch +

1 hit batter +

1 fielding error=

Should equal a nice and tidy 4 runs for the Bad Guys.

Yep, 4 runs.

Just another day in the Minnow Tank.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I agree something needs to be done. The Pirates have to win a lot of these games coming up this week against teams that aren't good like the Rays,Giants and Phillies. And keeping this bullpen the same going into this stretch needs to change and change soon.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I chalk this one up as a loss, not a Hurdled. The Pirates have a lot of guys in the bullpen that are not consistently good. (maybe I should just say pitching staff).
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

It appears to me this team needs to quit running out the likes of Watson, Hudson, LeBlanc, and replace them with some younger guys from the farm teams. They can't do any worse and this needs to happen sooner than later. NH has made some of the worse acquisitions bordering on Little brains the last 2 years. At least DL did draft Cutch, NH hasn't even come close to that. I'm tired of this FO ready to start over.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

143233243222510 wrote: I chalk this one up as a loss, not a Hurdled.  The Pirates have a lot of guys in the bullpen that are not consistently good. (maybe I should just say pitching staff). It's why you gotta make some changes or at least act like you give a crap and try to inprove this bullpen while you still have a chance to win this division. The Pirates can't keep winning 2 in a row or 3 in a row and then turning back around and losing 2 or 3 in a row. You can only tread water for so long before you eventually will start to sink.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Overall, 4-3 isn't a terrible week but it definitely should have been 5-2 and potentially even better. That's the difference with the Pirates being a team that is mediocre and very good consistently.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

On another front, I really like Diaz and I can't understand CH running out Stewart game after game. I really like his defense and his swing looks terrific to me. Just more miss handling of personnel, that makes absolutely no sense, much like the running out Watson for a almost a year when after about a month as closer anyone should have seen enough.