Mason Martin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Mason Martin

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Still a bit, but I agree with Dog that I was more attentive about it when we stunk.

I mean, things might look rough right now, but just wait until this Tike Redman guy gets called up. He's hitting like .300.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Mason Martin

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

52606C6C784A69606D686760010 wrote: Still a bit, but I agree with Dog that I was more attentive about it when we stunk. 

I mean, things might look rough right now, but just wait until this Tike Redman guy gets called up.  He's hitting like .300.

That's just it. We were always waiting for the next big thing. This era our wait was answered in McCutchen, Walker, Alvarez, Cole, and Marte. It continued with Taillon and Polanco.

The players I remember waiting for (at least who I followed) in the past were Aramis Ramirez, Chad Hermanson, Jose Guillen, Kris Benson, JJ Davis and JR House. Not much excitement came out of those players / teams.
steve49

Mason Martin

Post by steve49 »

704D535E515B50725A4D5C5A5B3F0 wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone else look at Milb.com box scores everyday?

Yep
OrlandoMerced

Mason Martin

Post by OrlandoMerced »

He hit #7 today, (MILB box score isn't working, this info s from twitter).
iabucco

Mason Martin

Post by iabucco »

707B737F7A7B602523546D757C7B7B3A777B140 wrote: Still a bit, but I agree with Dog that I was more attentive about it when we stunk. 

I mean, things might look rough right now, but just wait until this Tike Redman guy gets called up.  He's hitting like .300.

That's just it.  We were always waiting for the next big thing.  This era our wait was answered in McCutchen, Walker, Alvarez, Cole, and Marte.  It continued with Taillon and Polanco.

The players I remember waiting for (at least who I followed) in the past were Aramis Ramirez, Chad Hermanson, Jose Guillen, Kris Benson, JJ Davis and JR House.  Not much excitement came out of those players / teams. 

I used to check every day and have the milb app on my phone, which is pretty good. Now, I generally look at a summary from bucsdugout.com. I too remember the days of Hermenson etc. I will add Doug Frobel, Sean Burnett, Zach Duke, Hyzdu, Shelton, Pierce and Van Benschoeten. I remember the old days when The Sporting News had a small minor league section. I was young then and had great hope for all prospects.
UtahPirate

Mason Martin

Post by UtahPirate »

4979756E6E7374577B69691A0 wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone else look at Milb.com box scores everyday?
I follow them pretty closely. Usually run thru each team's in game box score 2 or 3 times a night while the Pirates are on.

I read about them mostly on BucsDugout, but will check box scores on some of the kids I am particular to and watch as personal favorites.

Despite the Pirates recent run of success, I still like tracking prospects.
CTBucco

Mason Martin

Post by CTBucco »

60505C47475A5D7E524040330 wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone else look at Milb.com box scores everyday?
I follow them pretty closely. Usually run thru each team's in game box score 2 or 3 times a night while the Pirates are on.

Ditto. I usually look around this time to see what happened with the GCL & DSL teams along with any early starts at the other levels. Oddly, there's nothing reported from the GCL yet. All of the other scores are in except for the Bucs-Yanks(W) game. Odd.
RichD

Mason Martin

Post by RichD »

Been a Milb prospect Geek since the mid eighties.But like the many of you it was started by being a Pirates fan first and looking for the next best thing.

I`m really liking this Luplow kid . Hope he is the real deal ?
steve49

Mason Martin

Post by steve49 »

1C213F323D373C1E3621303637530 wrote: He hit #7 today, (MILB box score isn't working, this info s from twitter).

7 Hr in last 7 games.
fjk090852-7

Mason Martin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

686F7E6D7E2F221B0 wrote: He hit #7 today, (MILB box score isn't working, this info s from twitter).

7 Hr in last 7 games.
Wouldn't it be something if Martin was one of those late round draft picks like Johnny Bench or Albert Pujols who becomes a super player. Could the Pirate Organization be so lucky?